A Nice Decision for Injured BNSF Workers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Nice Decision for Injured BNSF Workers

With tort reform, or Tort Deform as I like to call it, the availability of finding the best venue for the injured party has ben legislatively and jurisprudentially diminished over the last 25 years. Because FELA is a law that has been untouched since 1908 by Congress [thankfully and basically because Congress cannot even agree when to go to the bathroom!], the narrowning of "where can I bring my case?" has been left mainly to state courts and state legislatures. This narrowing of your rights has been 100% performed by Republican controlled state legislatures and Republican controlledstate Supreme Courts [not taking political sides here just stating the facts]. The below decision by the Montana Supreme Court preserves a BNSF FELA claimant's rights to choose Montana if he or she chooses to do so no matter where they reside or where their injury occurred. This is how it should be under FELA and chalk one-up for the hurt person!

http://billingsgazette.com/news/stat...b06e231bd.html
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

Thanks for this post. I'm glad to hear this practice hasn't been altered (yet any way!)
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Working...
    X