Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who works in Washington. Can you smoke blunts now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who works in Washington. Can you smoke blunts now?

So, with Washington and one other state making marijuana legal, up to one once kinda of like alcohol, will railroads still care if or even test you for it in those states?

Can you not hire you due to that?

I don't like there, an never will. But I was just thinking, and thought I ask my fellow cyber friends.

What's your opinion?
    Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.

Originally posted by mikeaj92 View Post
    So, with Washington and one other state making marijuana legal, up to one once kinda of like alcohol, will railroads still care if or even test you for it in those states?

Can you not hire you due to that?

I don't like there, an never will. But I was just thinking, and thought I ask my fellow cyber friends.

What's your opinion?
    Dear Mikeaj92 - LOL! I am not sure, completely, what you are saying.

However, I think you are asking:

QUESTION: Since Marijuana usage is legal in some states and may be expanding in the upcoming years, can the railroad legally spot test you and fire you for THC in your system?

ANSWER: If that is what you are asking, the answer would be a resounding and unequivocal YES!
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

Comment

Rule G is still a Federal issue.. You will be in violation if THC is found in your system.
      "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

Comment

Originally posted by Curse
        I have to ask: is this because of the Supremacy Clause, or because of the Interstate Commerce Issue, or maybe something that I am unaware of? Also, if this issue were to arise, would it not be an issue of Equal Protection—given the fact that we are not military and in a position that would not be considered of national security, and in the ignorance of the legal system because they rely on the goverment as the authority in such issues; also--if states are responsible for their citizen safety and marijuana being such an issue--why is this not a state right and not in the realm of the DOT? Sorry, I threw that last question in the blind to see your response. Thanks.
        In it's most basic form, the answer is the shits still a Federal offense to smoke or distribute, regardless of state law. Railroads are under federal law. It also places innocent worker's and the general public's safety in jeopardy, weather or not you give a shit about your life. Get the picture yet ? That's all I will say about that screwy herb shit.

Comment

Curse

Dear Curse - So we are all on the same page on why drug/alcohol tests are performed, please read http://www.yardlimits.com/forums/ask...g-no-good.html and the attachment in that post. This should answer your inquiry.

Steve
          Steve Gordon
          FELA Lawyer
          FELA Lawyer Blog
          800-773-6770

Comment

Originally posted by Curse
            I have to ask: is this because of the Supremacy Clause, or because of the Interstate Commerce Issue, or maybe something that I am unaware of? Also, if this issue were to arise, would it not be an issue of Equal Protection—given the fact that we are not military and in a position that would not be considered of national security, and in the ignorance of the legal system because they rely on the goverment as the authority in such issues; also--if states are responsible for their citizen safety and marijuana being such an issue--why is this not a state right and not in the realm of the DOT? Sorry, I threw that last question in the blind to see your response. Thanks.
            You e got it wrong in there...

Railroads ARE considered "vital to national defense".
            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

"You look good on the roll by weed train"
              "You look good too grainer, you wouldn't happen to have any spare candy"

Comment

Once Marijuana is removed from the schedule 1 list, the DOT, FRA may then move to loosen up on off duty marijuana use. Testing will need to be refined to more accurately test for under the influence at the time of testing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tank2/8 View Post
                  Once Marijuana is removed from the schedule 1 list, the DOT, FRA may then move to loosen up on off duty marijuana use. Testing will need to be refined to more accurately test for under the influence at the time of testing.
                  I wouldn't be holding that inhale if I were you. You're liable to pass (out) before such a measure does by the Feds.

Comment

You are in the Transportation Federally Regulated Industry. Maybe one day, you can expect similar regulations to alcohol usage. I would suspect that disproving one's THC blood level may be a requirement before reporting on duty.
                    http://www.cannabixtechnologies.com/...athalyzer.html
                    Steve Gordon
                    FELA Lawyer
                    FELA Lawyer Blog
                    800-773-6770

Comment

I live in Colorado and work contract jobs for RR's in other states. since CO legalized I have been selected for more "randoms" than ever before. It has been insinuated but no one will confirm that it is because of my CO address.

Comment

Working...
                      X