WOW! This is a good thing!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW! This is a good thing!

Advisory Board revises FELA counsel program [Brotherhood of Locomotive Engineers and Trainmen]

This is a good thing for everyone. Whatever the ARLA requirements are they should be posted openly and should be obtainable by lawyers that work hard and have handled FELA cases to the extent that they are experienced.

The more counsel that a Union member has to select from the better it is I have always thought. It should not be a closed process but one with a lot of eyes and light.

Hopefully ARLA will get their web site up and running Welcome and post their process of how lawyers apply and get approved or not-approved.

I truly applaud the BLET in taking the lead ahead of all other Unions in this matter.

Steve

PS- Thank you to the person that sent this!
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

Shared Excitement

Dear YL - For those of you that have read some of my posts about DLC, you know that I believe the decision by the BLET to basically do away with the old method and not have DLC is a momentous thing for BLET members. It is true that the BLET will recommend to its members that they look to ARLA members as one group of lawyers that are purportedly qualified but even that is just a recommendation. Gone are the days that a BLET member feels that they must use a BLET DLC. This is awesome for the members because there are some incredibly great FELA counsel that, for one reason or another are not BLET DLC.

Additionally, we have decided to make application to ARLA and I wanted to share that process with you. Please see attachments. Though the ARLA website consist of just one page now, I guess we should anticipate a more robust site coming soon.

As I receive information from ARLA, I will keep you informed on the process so you will see the difference from years of the old method and the new method which I hope will be mainly based upon competence and integrity.

Steve
    Attached Files
    Steve Gordon
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    800-773-6770

Comment

Originally posted by FELA FELLA View Post
      This is awesome for the members because there are some incredibly great FELA counsel that, for one reason or another are not BLET DLC.
      So how can it be said that getting back an ARLA list of lawyers that includes some who have been "drummed out" of the BLET DLC program for being, um, ethically challenged is a good thing?

And ARLA is The Crow Law Firm? (Blow up the third picture.) What does it take to join ARLA other than $150.00? Keep us posted.
      ---

Comment

Update #1

A person from ARLA called and spoke to my law partner today. She is sending the application. More to follow..
        Steve Gordon
        FELA Lawyer
        FELA Lawyer Blog
        800-773-6770

Comment

Originally posted by FELA FELLA View Post
          A person from ARLA called and spoke to my law partner today. She is sending the application. More to follow..
          Any updates?
          Been a while now & we're (all) still waiting on the new ARLA website. Maybe they need a new webmaster?? That's pretty crappy to be off-line all this time & gives an unprofessional impression.
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Todd received it. He is slowly filling it out and we are "saving up' the $7K to send with it.
            Steve Gordon
            FELA Lawyer
            FELA Lawyer Blog
            800-773-6770

Comment

ARLA

Todd - Mailed it today. Steve
              =====================

Still waiting 07/05/2012.....
              Last edited by FELA FELLA; 07-05-2012, 09:03 PM.
              Steve Gordon
              FELA Lawyer
              FELA Lawyer Blog
              800-773-6770

Comment

Working...
              X