No announcement yet.

Parking Lot Carry Bill on Perry's desk.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Lot Carry Bill on Perry's desk.

Would this allow RR employees/CHL holders to keep their firearm locked in their vehicle on railroad property?

I guess I don't have enough post to past a link. Look it up is is Texas SB321

Probably OK

The only conflict that I could see would be if the area is considered a Federal Building. Please see United States Code :: Houston Texas Criminal Defense :: 930 Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities which is a Federal Crime to posses a gun on a Federal facility. A "federal facility" is defined as " (1) The term “Federal facility” means a building or part thereof owned or leased by the Federal Government, where Federal employees are regularly present for the purpose of performing their official duties.
    property."

However, also see: United States Code :: Houston Texas Criminal Defense :: 927 Effect on State law which basically make the federal law subordinate to the state law IF there is no direct conflict.

DISCLAIMER: Please do not accept this as legal advice as I am not a Criminal Defense Lawyer. If you intend to keep a firearm in your car, you may want to pose the question to a criminal attorney. Be safe & Memorial Day!

Steve
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

Comment

I dont think having the weapon on railroad property now is a violation of the law. I think it is a violation of our employers rules set forth. If caught I believe it would result in loss of employment not a criminal prosecution. If a bill come forth that requires employers to allow weapons on the property that would be different. However I the way i understand the rule it is inside of the rights of a property owner whether or not to allow weapons on property hence the carrier. Same goes for oneself in ones dwelling or place of doing business if you were to allow it then it be allowed if not and it is openly posted then therefore you got the ball in your court and hence anyone carrying a weapon would be violation of your rights not to allow it. I am strong on the Second Admendment, however ones rights must not conflict with anothers rights within his domain otherwise said right is not in effect. However this does include public places where the general public gathers ie: Malls, parks, etc unless said owner of that property specificlly forbids possession of weapons on property. ie: property owners means anyone anybody or any organazation collectively who manages or otherwise owns property such as a mall or shopping center, or a city or municipal authority in the case of a public park. This is how I interpret the law to be.
      Last edited by BNSF 4 LIFE; 10-04-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: general editing

Comment

There are some parts of Dallas where a weapon on property might be handy.

Nothing like seeing chainlink with razor wire around the yard office...
        ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive View Post
          There are some parts of Dallas where a weapon on property might be handy.

Nothing like seeing chainlink with razor wire around the yard office...
          Is that to keep the riff-raff out or the employees inside the compund so they won't say f#ck it & walk off the job after being mistreated day in & day out??
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Working...
          X