Congress Recognizes and Honors the Freight Rail Industry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congress Recognizes and Honors the Freight Rail Industry

The freight rail industry employs over 183,000 workers in more than 560 railroad companies and operates on over 139,000 miles of track in all of the 48 continental United States plus Alaska.

The freight rail industry has a long and important history in the United States that dates back to 1827. The Baltimore and Ohio Railroad was the first common-carrier railroad in the United States. Since then, freight railroads have played an important role in the infrastructure, the economy and the expansion and development of the country.
    Today, over 2.2 billion tons of freight is transported annually by freight rail carriers.

In the U.S. House of Representatives, H.R. 1366 recognizes and honors the freight rail industry and its employees for their contributions to the nation’s transportation system.

Congress Recognizes and Honors the Freight Rail Industry - FELA Lawyer News Blog
    FELA Lawyer blogger
    Reporting news stories for:
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, LLP
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

When is Carman Appreciation Day?
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I thought every day was carman appreciation day.
      “I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country.” - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Believe me, it is everyday....especially that one crucial day, when he can produce a working EOT, to replace the clunker my train has on it's rear!
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Working...
        X