Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Profit or Escursion Railroad companys who has to pay into RR Retirement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non Profit or Escursion Railroad companys who has to pay into RR Retirement?

Where and who does escursion railroads have to pay into railroad retirement for part time employees? Like do they have to pay for non operating employees like ticket agents and gift shop employess? What about the waiters on dinner trains? who "works" for the railroad? does it matter if its non profit? thanks in advance!

http://rrbvision.mediasite.com/Media...7-6d015c5441d0
    ---

Comment

Originally posted by Boomer6868 View Post
      Where and who does escursion railroads have to pay into railroad retirement for part time employees? Like do they have to pay for non operating employees like ticket agents and gift shop employess? What about the waiters on dinner trains? who "works" for the railroad? does it matter if its non profit? thanks in advance!
      So, you want railroad benefits, while you play railroad on a toy train?

And I am supposed to give you part of my retirement for you to show a bunch of tourists the sights?

Surely, you jest...
      ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by TheAbrasiveOne View Post

So, you want railroad benefits, while you play railroad on a toy train?

And I am supposed to give you part of my retirement for you to show a bunch of tourists the sights?

Surely, you jest...
        They would pay in at the same rate and conditions as you do. And draw out at the same rate you do -- based upon earnings and work history.

Surely you jest if you do not think it would be a good thing to force all rail employees to contribute to railroad retirement.

Defining who railroad employees are by excluding thousands of employees in switching operations, etc. does us no favors.
        ---

Comment

Walter Rich has his non operating employees in SUSYQ be employed by a holding company Delaware Otsego to get around railroad benefits. Excursion trains can get into accidents to and even sometimes with more disastrous results. especially when you are playing with steam engines and know it all volunteers

Comment

Working...
          X