HELP, assaulted on the job by a coworker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP, assaulted on the job by a coworker

Last edited by The Whistler; 01-12-2014, 10:21 PM.

I'd have posted this in the Ask an Attorney section instead... If you're looking at losing your job due to being assaulted then that's where you're headed.

Comment

Sounds like that guy need a wrench to his skull.......

Being non union....you still have basic rights. I wouldn't just drop it. Getting your ass kicked and forgetting about it to save your job while that guy keeps his isn't the way to go. I'd be talking to a magistrate about that guy.....and a lawyer if the company wants to bully you into dropping it.
      Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.
      Buford T. Justice: I hope your goddamn head was in it.

Comment

I agree, this should probably be in the Ask an Attorney section & I'm move it there so FelaFella can read it.

If the RR (TM) knew the guy was a nutcase, maybe this wasn't really the first "episode" of him assaulting other people? If you sweep it under the rug, they may fire you for something else later & then you're really out of luck. If you're injured at work, report an injury due to the altercation, & then fired from work, you should be able to file an OSHA Whistleblower lawsuit for wrongful termination. With or without the fighter present, by the way the TM handled this (option 1 & option 2,) it doesn't sound like a place I'd like to work if that's how they treat their employees. There is other sh!t you can do to earn a living or other RRs to work for. Sorry to hear you got your ass beat at work & good luck to ya.
        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

What nsrlink said.

File an OSHA Whistleblower complaint NOW. You have 180 days, but why wait? They are already in violation of 49 U.S.C. ß20109 (c) 2.

The Federal Railroad Safety Act (FRSA)

http://www.osha.gov/Publications/OSH...ans-sector.pdf
          ---

Comment

Short line, belligerent, attacked, has a history of this kind of problem.................. Yeah, I'll leave this alone. Y'all see where i'm going.
            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
              Short line, belligerent, attacked, has a history of this kind of problem.................. Yeah, I'll leave this alone. Y'all see where i'm going.
              Only a knuckle dragger would make that kind of comment!
              ---

Comment

Originally posted by The Whistler

Man, I was just asking for some help. I ainít no knuckle dragger
                Inside joke from the quoted post. Nothing aimed at you. Sorry.
                ---

Comment

Man, I was just asking for some help. I ainít no knuckle dragger, I do my job as asked & as best I can, and nothing more. There ainít no point in being a go getter out here, the company only expect more out of you when you do. I just wanna get my stuff done, make a little overtime each week & go home. We ainít even get a guarantee like yíall, and I work 6 days every other week.

Thanks to the guys who helped with all them links. Gives me some reading material during the football game today, and hopefully I can get a ball rolling this week.
                  Yeah, it was a jab at someone else. Bad joke. Sorry.
                  All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Could it have been knuckledragger that did the assaulting?!
                    "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

Comment

You may confidentially discuss your options at 7135697144 if you would like. Steve
                      Steve Gordon
                      Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
                      FELA Lawyer
                      FELA Lawyer Blog
                      Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
                      Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
                      800-773-6770

Comment

They want to blame the victim for the assault? Typical RR BS-I would check and see who psychoboy is related to-because he is almost certainly some bigwig's bummy assed, criminality orientated, chemically altered (there is NO recovery from meth damage!) lowlife relative.
                        Last edited by blizzard07; 12-10-2012, 08:40 AM.

Comment

Yeah man, I thought to myself this is all just intimidation, and I ainít stand for that. No cops called, nuthin. I had to file a report with the police after I was off duty for the day cuz they tryed to sweep it under the rug.
                          Well they are protecting this creep for SOME REASON. If you can find out what it is it would help your case...and it does sound like you have one hell of a case!

Comment

TRAINMASTERS ARE NOT LAWYERS!!!

I say fuck him and his bullshit "options". Call Steve and go after the motherfuckers... NOW!!!
                            Last edited by MidwestRail; 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM. Reason: I forgot to add a word! are you god damned happy now I gave you a fucking reason for "editing"?
                            "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

You'll probably have a target on your back, so mind you p's and q's!
                              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Working...
                              X