disability ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• disability ?

ok i was dismissed for what they said falsifaction of documents pertaining to my application, mainly that they didnt know i had broken my leg when i was 15 y/o (17 yrs ago). In deed I did disclose this information, and it was proven that the dr didnt compleat the companys physical paper work in the investigation. Also personaly I feel as if they are sayn im not fit for service, when i havE been working 4 yrs with no problems. do i have a dog in this fight, or what. theres more to this story but i start with this.

Answer this for me:
    A) You have received a letter from the carrier stating you're dismissed from the service of the carrier, correct?

B) Have you been to a public law board yet?

If you answered "No" to B), you'll eventually go before a neutral who will either sustain the carrier's dismissal of you or sustain the organization's position of having you re-instated. The neutral can award you full or partial back pay for the work you missed if they side with the organization & deem that the carrier was harsh.

Since the neutral is not a part of the kangaroo court administered by the carrier under the guise of a "fair & impartial hearing," and actually takes FACTS in to consideration, surely, the neutral would see that the Dr. was at fault & the carrier did let you work 4 years & during that time you were able to perform your duties normally.

But, obviously, you can see the carrier has an agenda & must save face, not admitting its fault & make it painful to you to recover your lost earnings. Once they have removed you from service, even if they see "oh damn we messed up & this guy is right," they will often still go through with their plan to discipline you so they don't have to pay you for anything. (If you go to a hearing and are assessed no discipline, they have to pay you for everyday you missed.) It's all a game to them. So now, you have to go fight for your money & your job. Surely, you will get back, but you're probably looking at 6 months (or more) to get a date set so a neutral can hear your case.

***If you answered YES to B) above & the neutral dismissed you, then it's time to talk to an attorney.

Good luck to you & keep us posted.
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

thanks, i figure it will be a year. working on 1st apeal now, then they have 60 days, and so forth. hope sometime after xmas to file for plb. i was looking up old plb cases and found one very similar to mine, witch the dr didnt document everything. very interesting. until then i got an old job back as a firefighter. yet another thing brought up im fit to have worked there 8 yrs before the NS, so how could they even say i wasnt fit to work as a conductor. plus im fit to go back and be a fireman again, working in a city that runs 5,000 runs a year out of one fire house !!!! thats busy as hell. all over me reporting an off duty injury that turned out to be misdiagnoised.......wtf , eh !!!

Comment

Working...
      X