Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Courageous Judge

Dear All-

First of all, Merry Christmas to all at YL.

I would like to give you a Christmas gift. It is why I and, I believe everyone else, went to law school and that is because our legal system is the best legal system in the world. However, as we know, it is not perfect. It is not perfect because it depends on truth and, as we also know, not everyone tells the truth. The art of advocacy is to take a fact and to zealously shape it in a manner that favors your client. However, there is a fine line that rests between zealous representation and an abuse of the system. When the line is crossed, the entire justice system departs from advocacy and turns into something evil and wicked. Sometimes the last line of defense to catch this abuse is the judge. Not every judge has the guts to do something when an abuse is detected. I would like to introduce you to a very courageous judge; his actions and words, when I read them, made me so very proud to be a lawyer in these United States.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/fil...le_dec__15.pdf
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770

Hooray! Now if Broadcom will open-source their firmware, I will start buying their products again.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Its a scary testiment to how out of control government (the govt prosecution and not the judge) is when they want to manufacture facts against citizens. And we want to put 1/5th of our economy into the hands of the lawyers, and courts with the healthcare laws? How out of control is it going to get is anyone's guess!!! Seriously!!!
      Demand fair pay in unpaid familiarization for all your union brothers/sisters, just like you would demand fair pay for anything else! FAIR IS FAIR!

Comment

Originally posted by jacobbnsf View Post
        Its a scary testiment to how out of control government (the govt prosecution and not the judge) is when they want to manufacture facts against citizens. And we want to put 1/5th of our economy into the hands of the lawyers, and courts with the healthcare laws? How out of control is it going to get is anyone's guess!!! Seriously!!!

Two Points:

(1) Remember the Judge is a lawyer; and
        (2) You would argue our health care is better left with insurance companies and their Board of Directors?
        Steve Gordon
        Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
        FELA Lawyer
        FELA Lawyer Blog
        Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
        Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
        800-773-6770

Comment

Originally posted by FELA FELLA View Post
          Dear All-

First of all, Merry Christmas to all at YL.

I would like to give you a Christmas gift. It is why I and, I believe everyone else, went to law school and that is because our legal system is the best legal system in the world. However, as we know, it is not perfect. It is not perfect because it depends on truth and, as we also know, not everyone tells the truth. The art of advocacy is to take a fact and to zealously shape it in a manner that favors your client. However, there is a fine line that rests between zealous representation and an abuse of the system. When the line is crossed, the entire justice system departs from advocacy and turns into something evil and wicked. Sometimes the last line of defense to catch this abuse is the judge. Not every judge has the guts to do something when an abuse is detected. I would like to introduce you to a very courageous judge; his actions and words, when I read them, made me so very proud to be a lawyer in these United States.

http://lawprofessors.typepad.com/fil...le_dec__15.pdf
          All i can say is Wow...in this time of despicable acts by people in charge of various aspects of our country (And i mean BOTH political parties) it is truly moving to see someone in a position of power that still carries this enormous level of integrity. Thank you so much for posting this

Comment

Working...
          X