UPRR violating Texas law by holding out too much child support

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPRR violating Texas law by holding out too much child support

Well I'm on the AW board and I was trying to find out how UP can hold out more than 50 percent of my disposable income. My child support amount is 3/4 what I make a month now that I'm on the furlough board. I've hired an attorney and filed to try to have my child support reduced.

Well UP's policy as told to me by the garnishment lady is to hold out a majority of the child support the first check of the month and the remainder the second check. It is my understanding that in Texas you are not allowed to take out more than 50 percent of my disposable income during any one pay period. So if I make 500 dollars one half she get's 250 and I get 71 dollars?

I called the lady again to get written confirmation or some type of printed copy of UP's policy and she did everything she could to get me off the phone. So not to get in trouble at work I let it go for now. Needless to say she didn't give me a straight answer other than we sent you a notification on the computer screen that you had to click on and that there is nothing she knows of that is written.

How can they give her tripple what I bring home when it's a violation of the law in Texas. Does UP's law trump Texas law?
    sigpic

the Union Pacific thinks it is above the law. lots of us have first hand experience with this by way of FMLA/PL/Vacation days violations.
    -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

sometimes when you go back to court to get your child support reduced the opposing attorney wants to do discovery and postponed you hearing for temporary orders that way the amount does not change immediatly good luck.

Comment

Yeah but I'm going in with the old can't get blood from a turnip. So I'm doing it quick so they can't say I'm in arrears.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cobrajet View Post
          Yeah but I'm going in with the old can't get blood from a turnip. So I'm doing it quick so they can't say I'm in arrears.
          I hear ya man. Child support is the biggest communistic bullshit in the world. The fact that it is even classified as a crime blows me away. In Missouri, if you get behind, they take your drivers license! WTF is that? LOL, take a guys license so he will be SURE not to be able to pay.

Anyway, best of luck with you. If you were in Missouri, I could help. My wife is a probation/parole officer that supervises child support cases. I know this is a LOOOOOONG shot, but have you called the child support enforcement agency to see if they can help?

Comment

I've got an attorney yeah.
            sigpic

Comment

I guess these lawyers don't answer questions on here like it says they do huh? Oh well.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cobrajet View Post
                I guess these lawyers don't answer questions on here like it says they do huh? Oh well.
                Dear CobraJet- I do not do this type of law; But I did have to pay Child Support. What did your lawyer say? Steve
                Last edited by FELA FELLA; 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM.
                Steve Gordon
                Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
                FELA Lawyer
                FELA Lawyer Blog
                Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
                Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
                800-773-6770

Comment

I'm just working on getting my child support reduced. I was just wondering how that the Railroad can violate Texas law. I haven't asked my lawyer yet I'm trying to get him to call me back. Thanks for answering.
                  sigpic

Comment

I just found out I can go through the attorney general's office and they'll do all this for free. LOL stupid me paying a lawyer 1200 bucks for something I can get done for nothing.

And do you think my attorney would want me to find this out? I'm firing him in the morning.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X