X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LEGAL FORUM RULES

LEGAL FORUM RULES

1.The NOs=No Profanity, No Name Calling , No Racism, No Sexist Remarks, No Rude Photos and NO otherwise antagonistic posts. Finally, if you are a lawyer and/or law firm, please feel free to post as you wish, however, please do no outbound hyper-linking or social networking of your posts unless you and/or your law firm has/have been an approved advertiser on YL.

2.The YESs= Yes you can ask a flat out legal question that pertains to anything related to a FELA case. I would ask that you ask in hypothetical questions if you are able to do so. If you have a specific legal question that is specific to you, I invite you to email me directly at sgordon@gordon-elias.com as I can assure confidentiality through our firm’s e-mail server. Finally, if you have a question regarding a personal injury matter unrelated to FELA, I will try my best to steer you in the right direction.

3.If you currently are represented by counsel in a FELA matter and have a specific legal question regarding your current case, I would ask that you use email to sgordon@gordon-elias.com and, in the email, please supply the following:

a.Whether your case is currently filed in a lawsuit;
    i.If so, the county or parish and state where it is filed;
    b.The date of injury and the location of injury (unless the claim fits under (f) below);
    c.A description in your own words of how the event occurred;
    d.The name of the Defendant Railroad;
    e.If your deposition has been taken yet;
    f.If the injury is a “repetitive” or “cumulative trauma” claim as opposed to a single incident claim, please so state the area(s) of the body affected;
    g.If surgery has been performed the type of surgery;
    h.Your years of service and craft;
    i.If you have attended mediation yet the
    i.Amount of the last demand and offer; and
    ii.Your expectation of what a reasonable settlement amount would be and why; and
    j.A contact phone number

4.Please be advised that for all persons submitting inquiries under number 3 above, the firm of Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. will refuse all offers of employment no matter what the circumstances. Finally, as to all persons that fit within number 3 above, please be advised that we have absolutely no allegiance to any other FELA firms and therefore, you need not be afraid to ask questions. Finally, if email bothers you, you may call me directly at 1-800-773-6770 but please be prepared to supply the information requested in number 3 above.

5.USUAL DISCLAIMER STUFF

Neither this website nor this Forum, nor use of information from this website or Forum creates an attorney-client relationship. The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision and you should consider the information contained on this website as well as other relevant factors in making such decisions.

You may send Yardlimits and/or Steve Gordon of Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. e-mail via our email links on this website. Sending an e-mail to Yardlimits and/or Steve Gordon of Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. or to any other email address, does not create an attorney-client relationship. By sending sensitive or confidential e-mail messages that are not encrypted you accept the risks of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet.

At times, this website or this Forum may contain links to other resources on the Internet. Those links are provided solely as aids to assist you to locate other internet resources that may be of interest. They are not intended to state or imply thatYardlimits and/or Steve Gordon of Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. sponsors, or is affiliated or associated with, such linked sites.

The materials on this website and this Forum are intended to be for informational purposes only. This information does not constitute legal advice. The law is constantly changing and the information may not be complete or correct depending on the date and your particular legal problem. Each legal problem depends on its individual facts and different jurisdictions have different laws and regulations. Because of these differences, you should not act or rely on any information on this website without seeking the advice of a competent attorney, licensed to practice law in an area of FELA law, for your particular problem. Steve Gordon and Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. are not employed by Yardlimits; are not partners with Yardlimits; nor are they joint venturers with Yardlimits and they do not have any ownership interest in Yardlimitsor in the Yardlimitsweb site.

External Sites
    Yardlimits and/or Steve Gordon of Gordon & Elias, L.L.P. is/are not responsible for the content of external Internet sites. You are advised to read the privacy policy of external sites before disclosing any personal information.
    Last edited by FELA FELLA; 12-03-2009, 08:06 AM.
    Steve Gordon
    Gordon, Elias & Seely, L.L.P.
    FELA Lawyer
    FELA Lawyer Blog
    Serving Injured Railroad Employees Nationwide
    Call for a FELA Lawyer 24/7/365
    800-773-6770
Working...
X