X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadOrderKing
    started a topic Beer Pong

Beer Pong

Pardon me if this is not considered a sport.

Anyone else ever played? I have not, but it looks like fun.

While drinking with my wife and her new twenty year old friends, we got the brilliant idea to build a Beer Pong table. I thought the idea would die once we sobered up, but we are all still into it.

Plan is to buy an interior door from Home Depot (Without the knob hole), design and paint it. The opposite side will be in chalkboard paint for various doodling and guests signatures.

Can you paint and clear coat a door to the point it is shiny almost like a glass shiny? I also want to put short sides on it to minimize the amount of beer spilled on the carpet. I am not bad with wood and my hands, just not that experienced.

• glock
    replied
    If you haven't already painted it , or poly'd it, you could also get a piece of white plexi or semi translucent white plexi to put on top. That will look exactly like your sample image.

Leave a comment:

• jetboater
    replied
    Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
    Well the table officially got taken over by the girls. I joke about the other girl being my second wife and Ill be damned if she dont act like it.

More or less this has left the idea of being a dedicated Beer Pong table and gone into a graffiti board that we HAPPEN to play Beer Pong on.

They painted song lyrics on it. Mostly 90s music with the exception of the middle being quoted from Cee-Lo Green. That song, since heard on here has become a hit at my house.

I am so embarrassed. I deserve my Man Card suspended.
    no, not at all. Some of the best times in my life were from giving the kitty something to make her happy.

If the kitty is happy, your gonna be happy too...

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Well the table officially got taken over by the girls. I joke about the other girl being my second wife and Ill be damned if she dont act like it.

More or less this has left the idea of being a dedicated Beer Pong table and gone into a graffiti board that we HAPPEN to play Beer Pong on.

They painted song lyrics on it. Mostly 90s music with the exception of the middle being quoted from Cee-Lo Green. That song, since heard on here has become a hit at my house.

I am so embarrassed. I deserve my Man Card suspended.

Leave a comment:

• batman
    replied
    Use a water based poly, not oil based. The label will indicate 'non-yellowing'. If it does not state that, it'll probably yellow. Go to Sherwin-Williams for example and tell them what you want. p.s. use a high gloss white paint on the door. No sanding necessary between poly coats. Get the self leveling kind.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Originally posted by batman View Post
    That 1st coat of poly after the paint will make it easier to remove any girlie crap that mysteriously gets put on the board while you're at work.
    Then it is a MUST!

I have heard that polyurethane will yellow. Also do you sand between coats?

Leave a comment:

• batman
    replied
    That 1st coat of poly after the paint will make it easier to remove any girlie crap that mysteriously gets put on the board while you're at work.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    Sounds like a plan. Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• batman
    replied
    Primer, sand with fine grit paper, spray paint (no brush strokes), 1 coat of poly, add designs, decals, etc. then 3 or 4 more coats of poly.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    This is the type of finish I am looking for. Not the design, just the shiny perfect finish.

Leave a comment:

• BadOrderKing
    replied
    I know. Just a fun project that will store a little easier. I take it you have played?

I have googled the hell out it and found some awesome designs. Some involving lights, bottles, bottle caps, etc.... I dont exactly have a wod shop in here, so I will be going with a nice paint job and maybe have some cool stickers designed and clear coated onto the table.

I will have to fight HARD to keep this from turning into a girly table.

Leave a comment:

• batman
    replied
    Yeah, you can do all that. Paint it white and polyurethane it. But, you do know you guys won't be using a regulation size table?lol. They are 8 feet long.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X