MLB Alll Star Game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Alll Star Game

Boston pitcher Tim Wakefield (age 42) will be on this years AL team. "Wake" is fun to watch, His specialty is the knuckle ball. He''ll throw anything including the trash barrel at a hitter to get them out.

Originally posted by whatwuzithinkin View Post
    Boston pitcher Tim Wakefield (age 42) will be on this years AL team. "Wake" is fun to watch, His specialty is the knuckle ball. He''ll throw anything including the trash barrel at a hitter to get them out.
    That guy was a phenom when he came into the league in the 90's. . . think he was a former 3rd baseman or something like that. Pittsburgh was going to release him until he discovered how to throw the knuckler, and then further discovered that he was ridiculously good at it.

Of course it only took 2 or 3 years for the league to adjust to hitting him, since they hadn't seen a real knuckleball pitcher since Charlie Hough and Tom Candiotti.

I was only about 13 or 14 when he started, jeez do I feel old knowing that he's in his 40's and on the tail end of his career.
    We are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by hoydie17 View Post
      That guy was a phenom when he came into the league in the 90's. . . think he was a former 3rd baseman or something like that. Pittsburgh was going to release him until he discovered how to throw the knuckler, and then further discovered that he was ridiculously good at it.

Of course it only took 2 or 3 years for the league to adjust to hitting him, since they hadn't seen a real knuckleball pitcher since Charlie Hough and Tom Candiotti.

I was only about 13 or 14 when he started, jeez do I feel old knowing that he's in his 40's and on the tail end of his career.
      If you feel old,think of how he feels.
      And then you just make me really old knowing that...LOL

But back to the game. OK game, but the NL just doesn't get it.
      I see the "moron meter" pegged you! It never fails...EVER!

Comment

Originally posted by throttle View Post
        If you feel old,think of how he feels.
        And then you just make me really old knowing that...LOL

But back to the game. OK game, but the NL just doesn't get it.
        Throttle ya old goat!

Yep, the NL has been unable to put a decent All-Star squad on the field in years. . . but they can put some great individual teams on the field.

Seems that one year they put a great pitching staff up, and the hitting goes to hell in a handbasket. And the next year is a great offense but the pitching looks horrible.
        We are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Comment

Working...
        X