"Flight"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Flight"

Now on Redbox; [nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnVNNR6CEOE"]FLIGHT Trailer 2012 Denzel Washington Movie - Official [HD] - YouTube[/nomedia]
    It's unrealistic that a pilot with chemical problems could last three minutes in these modern times (maybe 20 years ago or maybe a manager) but still a great flick about a guy going over the edge with chemical abuse and a "must see" for anyone who had "been there and done that". The flight itself is quite harrowing and my urge to fly down to the Southwest has gone way down after watching this one. The shitstorm that falls on flight crews (and railroad crews) after an incident is too true and a warning to all who work in these molecule counting industries-You had better NOT be on duty with the slightest titch of a chemical count! PERIOD!
    NOw a deeper question the movie poses...could have the Denzel charactor have pulled off the miraculous moves he did that saved the flight if he HADN'T been lubricated and a bit coked up? The answer would seem to be "No". Is Hollywood advocating that the airlines keep a party animal close by just in case the feces hits the fan? It would seem to be a good idea if this movie is an accurate representation of the reality. FOR CERTAIN the pilots of Gulf War 1 were officially hopped up so as to complete their missions. Maybe some cocaine behind a "smash this glass in case of emergency" screen would save lives. Never happen though...
    My favorite scene? Well the part where the Denzel charactor has been straight for 9 days and it's the big night before the big investigation-where he has everything to gain and everything to lose- and he can't sleep. Well there is this knocking and he goes out into the balcony and it is the wind banging the door on an open, empty suite next door. Denzel character wanders in and there is a huge bar just sitting there...Does he fuggidup? I won't spoil it for you...
    Last edited by blizzard07; 02-17-2013, 10:46 AM.

I have not seen the movie, but I can say one thing for sure.

things you might not think are possible are.
    Last edited by jetboater; 02-18-2013, 07:59 AM.
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Guess Denzel can do it all!

Comment

I enjoyed the movie, saw alot of similarities between the industries. I'm curious if over on the pilot forums they tear it apart like we do with "Unstopable".
        "Then I’ll be all aroun’ in the dark. I’ll be ever’where—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever they’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there."-The Grapes of Wrath

Comment

Originally posted by Dissent89 View Post
          I enjoyed the movie, saw alot of similarities between the industries. I'm curious if over on the pilot forums they tear it apart like we do with "Unstopable".
          my buddy who flys commercial had some very choice comments. I got a good laugh about the rant he went on when I asked him about it...
          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

What i found interesting is how the NSTB conducts accidents and how lawyers can sweep bad stuff under the rug and make it disappear and NTSB cant even consider it! I wonder how much of that spills over in to reality.
            "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
            Emiliano Zapata 8/8/1879 - 4/10/1919

Comment

I really liked the movie.

I like how he comes clean and found God afterwards and it wasn't the least bit preachy.
              Denzel is the cat's meow as far as I am concerned.
              I have walked through God's green pastures, beneath his rich blue skies, I've seen the fall of man and the kingdom hidden from their eyes. I've heard the roar of thunder I've felt the lightning bolt, and when I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I take along Samuel Colt.

Comment

Working...
              X