No announcement yet.

Something That Every Rail Needs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We had a good following of women here when this section was opened...It was a losing battle to keep it a "woman's area"...Also I have asked repeatedly to drop my "Mod" status...My point in quoting the administrater of this site was to prove if we have no respect from him we get none elsewhere...Drop my "Mod" status and close this section ..
    I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
      Crap like this and losers who post it may be why no one is home here...not like you have the whole friggin website already.!! this was supposed to be a place for women rails and now it's just an extension of the crap we have to deal with while on duty....Why is this section even still here ??
      I never understood why men were allowed in here in the first place. Wasn't the whole idea to have an area where women rails could be among themselves? Why not keep The Ladies Room and close The Boxcar?
      "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

We need more female type rails, and interested parties....then you'd drum up more participation.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

We HAD more female type rails..Momster.(non rail) did her best (and succeeded) to run everyone off...including me...

Comment

Hmmm....as a veteran rail, however, you seem well equipped to understand the crudeness of the average male rail. But I wonder if other she types aren't so prepared, does that keep them away? Or are ya'll so few in number that statiscally, few come looking for this place? I mean the site in general rather than a particular section. If this room ceases to exist and there's only a closed room for she types, will cobwebs grow in there? And if they do would anyone know?
            sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Yes Jonny..as a seasoned rail I do understand crudeness..I also understand that friendships are important as well as comraderie among co-workers,and the average newby female rail might not...Also I do understand how few she types are out there to get valuable iformation from when needed...believe me we DO look for somewhere to find comrades of the same gender who will guide us and answer questions and in general find friendships with..As well as I get along with most of my co-workers and have the pleasure of calling a few of them very good friends, it is hard to find co-workers who can fill the gap of being the same gender as ...Do you not like to talk to some of your co-workers about stuff without having a "girl" around to hear?? Well we girls sometimes would also like to chat about work,life and "stuff" in general without having you men around...as charming as you are. As far as having a "closed room" well ,as I stated before...The WHOLE BOXCAR and Ladies room should be closed..then no problems from unwanted cobwebs would arise...We would simply do as we do out on the rails and cope with what we have (or have not)

Comment

Yes Jonny..as a seasoned rail I do understand crudeness..I also understand that friendships are important as well as comraderie among co-workers,and the average newby female rail might not...Also I do understand how few she types are out there to get valuable iformation from when needed...believe me we DO look for somewhere to find comrades of the same gender who will guide us and answer questions and in general find friendships with..As well as I get along with most of my co-workers and have the pleasure of calling a few of them very good friends, it is hard to find co-workers who can fill the gap of being the same gender as ...Do you not like to talk to some of your co-workers about stuff without having a "girl" around to hear?? Well we girls sometimes would also like to chat about work,life and "stuff" in general without having you men around...as charming as you are. As far as having a "closed room" well ,as I stated before...The WHOLE BOXCAR and Ladies room should be closed..then no problems from unwanted cobwebs would arise...We would simply do as we do out on the rails and cope with what we have (or have not)
                When you say they should be 'closed' do you mean deleted or do you mean made private?
                "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

If made private, it would seem sensible to combine the two supposed ladie's rooms. And mods could delete any male chat or leave it as a legacy if they choose. I do mean mods with rights over this or these rooms of course, since it would be in their purview to redesign it attractively for the intended audience. I for one would not have my feelings bruised if these rooms were redesigned for private use, and were kicked out with the rest of us if it made a useful place for those who remain in it.

Comment

In the matter of the few goils I work with, hmmm...there's some things I only discuss with them.....as odd as that might seem. Some female types are more willing to listen to the odd subjects than the average crude male. One has to read one's quarry well before breaching any particular matter however. But once some trust is established and it is known we are not trying to get into one another's pants, well everything else is fair game it seems.

Comment

I don't post here very offten.... But here's my two cents from an outsider.

Leave both the "Ladies Room" and the "Boxcar". Close both to men. The "Boxcar" should also be closed to only allow female rails. The section description does say... "Forum board for women in rail labor." It was never a good idea to include guys in the Boxcar.

If Fatboy is having problems with Momster, separating the two should work. Fatboy can run the Boxcar as she IS a rail. Momster can do the Ladies board. Which could also include female Railfans and wives of Rails. But I would also start this whole Boxcar thing over again. Some of the things written here seem to be "Red Card" moments.

And if you guys don't have a Admin Section.... I would make one so that these types of discussions can happen outside of the public eye.

Don't want to see the Admins fighting with each other.

But... I'm not admin. So I'll shut up now.
                      Last edited by Groundrelay; 07-11-2012, 03:44 AM.
                      "If it's blue or makes transition... I don't want it."

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by me are mine and not that of Norfolk Southern Corp.

It says "An Online Rail Labor Community"

Comment

Men rails should NEVER of been allowed in the Boxcar Forum. Period. Women
                        rails need a place they can call their own on this site. Should be closed to the
                        men. Plenty of other places they can post on this site.

Unless they happen to swing a Pink Lantern ......

Comment

To me, it seems that the titles, Boxcar and Waycar, are quite similar in name (I'll get lost). The Ladies Room is already set up to be open only to women. If you'll notice, it has ZERO posts. The problem with keeping men out of the open Boxcar forum is that, I assume, most people browse the forum utilizing the 'new posts' feature. I normally pay little attention to what subforum any particular post is in. Unless there is a female that wishes to moderate that forum full time and delete all male-posts, then you're not going to be able to keep it separate. The only real solution is to get rid of the Boxcar and keep The Ladies Room. Like I said though, you see how much interest there has been. If there is to be a girl's section then someone(girl) is going to have to step up and get it going.

Comment

contrary to what they may tell you women do have flatulence issues from time to time [as] do all humans/ animals etc. men also seem to have peenie obsessions from time to time. it appears that this may be what the OP could possibly be "hung" up on. [shrug]
                            -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Originally posted by Hog and Tow View Post
                              contrary to what they may tell you women do have flatulence issues from time to time [as] do all humans/ animals etc. men also seem to have peenie obsessions from time to time. it appears that this may be what the OP could possibly be "hung" up on. [shrug]
                              Holy shot hog....

Been 7 months and you decided to drag this back from the grave?
                              ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Working...
                              X