Women of the rails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women of the rails

Been pretty dead her ladies, thought I post a few pictures of female railroad workers of days past. If any of you are ever in the Lancaster, PA area you should visit the PA Railroad Museum, which includes you ladies. Here is link to their website: RR Museum of PA :: Women and Railroads Pre WW II

Be safe out there.
    Attached Files
    "If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it must be electrical"

Thanks guys for the pics,and link to the women of rails site..I have the trip to PA in my wish book...now to get some time off so I can make it happen..LOL
    I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

More gals....

working the system. I'm impressed with the track gals, we have a gal that works with the track gang that is second to none in getting the job done.
      Attached Files
      "If you can't fix it with a hammer, then it must be electrical"

Comment

Watched a program bout the Horseshow Curve on T V one time..wow!!! Deff interesting...would like to take a cab ride over it just to get a better look at it...
        I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
          Thanks guys for the pics,and link to the women of rails site..I have the trip to PA in my wish book...now to get some time off so I can make it happen..LOL

There are actually three attractions in Strasburg (Lancaster PA.)

first is the Strasburg Railroad ... featuring Steam train rides, working steam shop (with tours) and lots of stuff for the kiddies to do.
          Strasburg Rail Road - Lancaster County, Pennsylvania

The Railroad Museum across the road.... Lots of rolling stock, with a large indoor display.
          RR Museum of PA :: Welcome

And the red caboose motel, where you can sleep in a caboose.
          Welcome to the Red Caboose Motel & Restaurant, located in the heart of Pennsylvania's Amish Country, near Strasburg, PA. Sleep in a real caboose!

I did the first two. When you go, allow plenty of time.... like all day There's a whole lot to see.

Brasspounder

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
            Watched a program bout the Horseshow Curve on T V one time..wow!!! Deff interesting...would like to take a cab ride over it just to get a better look at it...
            Here is what you will see on your cab ride, #8 dynamics on the head end and #8 dynamics on the MANNED helpers behind! If your heading West, #8 throttle on the head end and #8 throttle on the rear! Look me up, I'll take ya over there! Oh yeah!, there is still a MANNED tower in Altoona!
            "Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves." - Confucius

Comment

I got a calendar from my brother in law a few years back. It was titled "Women of the Rails".

It was not a nudie or the likes, just a good looking working railroad gal for every month. It brought a touch of class to my garage.

Need to see something like that again.
              "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Hey,
                thought ya'll might enjoy this link. It has been a while since it has been updated but there are some really great pics of some great Amtrak folks. For all its problems one of the great advantages of working at Amtrak is the chance to meet and work with men and women of different backgrounds. If you check out the "rogues" gallery of railroaders featured on the site, it's a fun few minutes.

Welcome to "I Know A Railroad!"Welcome to "I Know A Railroad!"

Comment

Speaking of women of the rails. It was Derby time here in Louisville recently so all the "Big Wigs" were in town. Aparently we have the longest working woman on the NS. She has 35 or so years in. They called here in and took some picture with all the big shots and gave here a few trinlets and what not. Just thought it was cool to have the "oldest woman" on the railroad.
                  Warning: Post made by MWR and BOK may cause slight discomfort or irritation!
                  Take care of yor vest and it will take care of you!
                  :usa:

Comment

Working...
                  X