Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Neat Freaks vs. Sh!t Everywhere ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Neat Freaks vs. Sh!t Everywhere ??

    ...So my fiance will be moving in with me full time soon & I thought I'd ask you ladies (& men too) about this one...

    I'm a neat (& clean) freak, she is not. Used to drive me batsh!t crazy, she could come in a room & within 5 minutes it looked like a hurricane was in there; sh!t everywhere. Our 2 & 1/2 year old does a better job of cleaning up her messes currently.

    I have to give a lot of credit to a conductor i was working with who was in the same fix early on with his wife. He gave me some good advice that has really helped me "cope" with my compulsiveness on this issue. He suggested (what he did) was stake out a few areas / rooms of the house which are mine to keep as a neat freak would, the rest she can have at it & it will go all to hell until she asks for help cleaning it up or company is coming over. Sounds silly, but just worrying about the office, bathroom, & kitchen (I do most of the cooking 'round here,) has eased some tension on my part. We talked about it & she was cool with this approach.

    Most of the girls I have known in the past were neat freaks too. I wondered if it had anything to do with their mothers or their up bringing. So I got to thinking about the women I know well & their moms to see if there was any correlation.
    My 2 sisters: 1 trashed, 1 tolerable, their mom neat freak.
    4 closest girls that are friends: neat freaks, 3 of their moms are too.
    My mom & me neat freaks.
    Fiance & her mom: slobs / hurricanes in the house.
    So no correlation I can think of.

    So how do y'all work it out & generally what's your place like?
    22
    We have separate areas we each worry about keeping tidy /clean.
    31.82%
    7
    Our whole house is f#cked... usually
    40.91%
    9
    Two neat freaks, everything is clean & organized
    9.09%
    2
    You don't care 1 way or the other.
    0.00%
    0
    Other situation not listed.
    18.18%
    4
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

  • #2
    i am a neat freak as well, unlike my other half. i do have ocd, so i can not do the seperate room thing. i just constantly clean. im used to it and just do it with a few dirty comments under my breath. only way i know how to cope.
    Duck tape is silver, silence is golden.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by ktbugg196 View Post
      i am a neat freak as well, unlike my other half. i do have ocd, so i can not do the seperate room thing. i just constantly clean. im used to it and just do it with a few dirty comments under my breath. only way i know how to cope.
      My wife is a slob too, she piles stuff....I hate it...

      Comment


      • #4
        'Link, this was one of the hardest things I had to adjust to after I got married. I'm by no means a clean "freak", but I do like a tidy and uncluttered living space. Me and my wife did not live together when we were dating, out of respect for her and her parents religious beliefs, so I had no idea of her domestic habits. I love her dearly, but my wife is one of the biggest slobs I know, and it drives me friggin nuts!

        Its not totally her fault.She has lived with her parents for most of her life, and being the baby of the family, she was always spoiled the most. She never really had to do anything as far as chore wise growing up. My mother in law is a good woman, but she is definitely not the best housekeeper. My wife shares her mother's belief that just because they work in a climate controlled office enviroment all day, that they are exempt from any housework.

        She has gotten a LITTLE bit better since we tied the not, but not much. By default, 90% of the household chores falls squarely on my back and this is not including the yard work! This has been our biggest source of arguments amongst ourselves. I wish there was a way to make her walk a mile in my shoes....just for one day. I really don't have too much of a leg to stand on in my argument now that i am furloughed, but this issue will rear up when i get back to turning and burning!

        I really like your and your friends idea......Thanks! I think i will run this by her tomorrow and see if we can't make our marriage just a little bit easier on both of us!

        Comment


        • #5
          I don't mind clutter, as long as it's orderly. I can't stand filth and neither can my wife.

          I tend to stack stuff that I don't use all the time. But it is stacked neatly.

          GOC

          Comment


          • #6
            Hubby is a he man slob!!! When growing up my two older sisters and I helped clean the house and had to start supper cause mom (messy house keeper)worked at the local garmet factory. When hubbby and I married he said he admired how neat I kept the house-sometimes I think he destroys the house on purpose--There ain't NO way someone can do that much damage with-out trying Then he tells me -what takes him all day to fix up,only takes me couple hours to do. He can't multi task as well. He does do most of the yard work and all the cooking now that he's home all day. We have tried the seperate areas to call our own and its been somewhat better. We also have a small cottage on our place and if it gets too bad I just move out for a couple days and he gets the hint to clean up
            I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
              My wife is a slob too, she piles stuff....I hate it...

              I fixed that with mine. When it would start to migrate away from her area I would just repile it back in her area. Funny how that gets cleaned up after a while.....
              sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
              ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

              Comment


              • #8
                When I lived alone and was dating my wife, she oved to rearange some things of mine and tilt a picture slightly crooked, then wait to see how long it would take me to fix it. NOT LONG. Growing up, I was a slob. Once I got out on my own, I developed serious OCD and everything... EVERYTHING had a proper place and must be clean.

                My wife is not a slob, by any means, but once she moved in the neatness and OCD had to go.

                Now at child number 3.......... well......... no poop on the carpet and Im good...LOL

                I do mis the days when everything had its place and returned there if moved.....sigh
                All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

                Comment


                • #9
                  LOL, some good responses thus far. Sometimes I think to myself like Fatboy does: she must come in & see how neat everything is & just want to f#ck it up on purpose (bless her heart.) She doesn't multitask well at all either & she gets side-tracked easily while doing stuff, especially cleaning. I've also borrowed a page from TFB's playbook, when the mess migrates, I round her stuff up & put it in with the rest of the hurricane.

                  I'm still not sure why she crams everything in to her top 2 dresser drawers & 1 top drawer in the bathroom. Not sure why receipts, a screw driver, car keys, & sunglasses belong in the same drawer as one's toothpaste.... but like I said, that's her area, and I deal with it very well (I think.)

                  Glad to know I'm not alone!! ...And here I thought guys were stereotyped as slobs.
                  Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I'm a neat freak. An only child that grew up in houses (With Mom, and Dad and Step Mom) that were always spotless. My wife is a mess, including the kids. It drives me nuts, but you learn to cope with it, sometimes. IF I won the lotto, I'd buy the house next door. That way I could stay married, the wife can treat her place any damn way she wants, and I'd have my little organized peace on earth, LMAO! Seriously.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by momster
                      Her husband needed a spot for everything, every receipt, toiletry items, clothes everything has to be always in the same spot and organized. Can't be moved a little , same exact spot.
                      Yeah, well, um, I can relate, it's like this: (or this is how bad / anal I am,) each piece of clothing I have hanging has a specific place in my closets. Colors grouped together, then by short / long sleeve, V-neck, t-shirt, button up polo, etc. Every thing in the bathroom has its place too. The pens on my desk are in cups by color, the books on my shelves are arranged by date or alphabetically. It all makes sense to me because (unlike my beloved fiance,) I can find almost anything of mine in seconds, while she takes 15 minutes to find her missing shoe or whatever.

                      And BadOrderKing, I've seen my fiance do the same thing: move a picture, or something lined up neatly & laugh at me when I go to "straighten / reorganize it." LOL.
                      Last edited by nsrlink; 06-05-2009, 12:57 PM.
                      Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                        Yeah, well, um, I can relate, it's like this: (or this is how bad / anal I am,) each piece of clothing I have hanging has a specific place in my closets. Colors grouped together, then by short / long sleeve, V-neck, t-shirt, button up polo, etc. Every thing in the bathroom has its place too. The pens on my desk are in cups by color, the books on my shelves are arranged by date or alphabetically. It all makes sense to me because (unlike my beloved fiance,) I can find almost anything of mine in seconds, while she takes 15 minutes to find her missing shoe or whatever.

                        And BadOrderKing, I've seen my fiance do the same thing: move a picture, or something lined up neatly & laugh at me when I go to "straighten / reorganize it." LOL.
                        The first time my brother-in-law came over to my new house, he used the flat head tool on a swiss army knife to turn the screws in each and every one of my light switch's faceplates to where they were perfectly straight up and down! Its the damnest thing i ever seen in my life!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          My wife is a neat freak. I used to be a little untidy. As I have gotten older (30 now) I have started to become a neat freak too. I have found it easier to keep shit clean as I go, than it is to straiten up a weeks worth of clutter, dishes, laundry, etc.

                          I'll admit that being furloughed has really brought it on even more. I am around the house a lot more, and seeing a mess pisses me off and I clean it up.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                            ...So my fiance will be moving in with me full time soon & I thought I'd ask you ladies (& men too) about this one...

                            I'm a neat (& clean) freak, she is not. Used to drive me batsh!t crazy, she could come in a room & within 5 minutes it looked like a hurricane was in there; sh!t everywhere. Our 2 & 1/2 year old does a better job of cleaning up her messes currently.

                            I have to give a lot of credit to a conductor i was working with who was in the same fix early on with his wife. He gave me some good advice that has really helped me "cope" with my compulsiveness on this issue. He suggested (what he did) was stake out a few areas / rooms of the house which are mine to keep as a neat freak would, the rest she can have at it & it will go all to hell until she asks for help cleaning it up or company is coming over. Sounds silly, but just worrying about the office, bathroom, & kitchen (I do most of the cooking 'round here,) has eased some tension on my part. We talked about it & she was cool with this approach.

                            Most of the girls I have known in the past were neat freaks too. I wondered if it had anything to do with their mothers or their up bringing. So I got to thinking about the women I know well & their moms to see if there was any correlation.
                            My 2 sisters: 1 trashed, 1 tolerable, their mom neat freak.
                            4 closest girls that are friends: neat freaks, 3 of their moms are too.
                            My mom & me neat freaks.
                            Fiance & her mom: slobs / hurricanes in the house.
                            So no correlation I can think of.

                            So how do y'all work it out & generally what's your place like?
                            Congrat's and best to you both!! It will work out fine... just be patient with her. xo

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by momster
                              Cash incentives can work with a spouse too.
                              I think you've just given me an idea. Wait a sec. Would my wife then be considered a hooker?
                              NS should not require warm up exercises. We get enough exercise jumping to conclusions, flying off the handle, running down our bosses,knifing friends in the back, dodging responsibility and pushing our luck.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X