No announcement yet.

What is all that stuff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ditto on that! I agree-one big bag is way too heavy- We also have a few guys that carry way too much stuff. one has a small carry on bag-medium cooler and a duffel bag. I always try to help and am also scared I'm gonna get pulled off when helping them up. Some of them tell me "its heavy" and when they do-I tell them thanks for the warning-your on your own
    I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

I carry 3 bags and still could use another. My laptop and bnsf/up material, my clothes bag and a amature S&M kit

Comment

I travel light. One decent sized bag with a smaller one inside of it. The big one has all the required stuff in it. The smaller one has a change of clothes for the return trip, a few personal items (Shampoo, Soap, tooth brush/paste, deodorant, etc.), small hard case with a few cigars, and another small box with my lighters, and that's really it. Maybe a magazine or two once in a while. I rarely carry any food, usually just get food at the AFHT. I don't shave every single day, so no shaving stuff. I rarely ever leave my room except for food, so no "non-work" clothes or shoes. Used to carry a laptop, and will again when I get a new one.
        Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.
        Buford T. Justice: I hope your goddamn head was in it.

Comment

um i work out relligously so i have my gym clothes shoes and supplements like protein and pre work out shit and my change of clothes all in one duffel bag if im goin to bluefield where they have a decent gym. otherwise its just a pair of basketball shorts and a clean tshirt and maybe a hoodie if its cool out, stuffed in my usual bag...but im usualy just yard trash so its usualy just regular railroad crap. oh and if i go back to the road im thinkin about maybe takein an acoustic guitar with me haha
          Last edited by Da_Capn_is_Number1; 08-24-2009, 05:01 AM.
          Now I've got to
          Judge two guns
          To protect myself from men
          Cause I've never done nothin' wrong
          And I hate traveling scared

I'm wanted, dread or alive
          By the evil forces
          Said I'm wanted, dread or alive
          Nowhere to hide
          They are trying to find me

Comment

Originally posted by Hog&Tow View Post
            we have a hogger that carries everything in Walmart bags. hell, he'll have 6 or 8 of them. takes two trips on & off the engine to load them all.
            Sounds like an engineer in the Elkhart-Cleveland pool his nickname is Big Bird

Comment

I got one of them Red Oxx grips, spendy but durable. Holds all the usual stuff, and I put railroad issued materials in a knapsack. Works well, and my Conductor doesn't mind handing them up and down to me.
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

i have a tuff bag xl. i carry shaving kit, tennis shoes, shorts, change of clothes, every newspaper i have not finished reading yet, charger for cell phone and laptop, rule books, job insurance forms, ear plugs, my oakleys, switch keys, pens that i can never find, union stuff that i am working on, bills i need to pay, foaming germicidal can to clean my remote, headboard, nightstand, in my lovely hotel room. and thats about it.
                --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
                  When on road duty,I carry a leather messenger bag with required company material,and another for change of clothes,and bath kit,I think I'm also gonna start carring a cooler. Have carried a laptop a few times-gonna check out one of them little ones wal-mart is selling for 350 just for getting on-line at AFTH.
                  Watch the Staples and Best Buy ads...I picked up an HP mini for $199 at Staples a few months ago. I just keep it, and my shaving kit, in the locker room that the hotel at the AFHT graciously provides for us.

Comment

I got a Red Oxx RR bag that all my RR stuff goes in. Then I got a backpack to carry my laptop, clothes, gun, and shaving bag.
                    Is that you John Wayne??? Is this me???

Comment

After arming the EOT, I was attempting to get off the train before the crew got on and I was just in the way. I met the conductor at the door and let him and his giant bag by me. Before I could get out the door, here he came again. Right by me and out the door. I then got bak so the engineer could come in. Once again, I tried to get off, but here comes the conductor with another bag. Ok, hes on and I bailed. As I cranked up my Kubota I saw him going to the van again.

WTF? How damn long is this guy going to be gone? I travel lighter on vacation. LOL

WAIT A MINUTE!!! Did Pin Jammer just say GUN?
                      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

What sort of Kubota do you drive that you can bring it to work?

Oh wait, the buggy you drive around the yard, doh!
                        Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 09-10-2009, 05:51 PM.
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                          What sort of Kubota do you drive that you can bring it to work?
                          We use Pieces of crap Kubotas for getting around the yard.

They might be nice ot have around the house or farm, but they arent worth a damn on neglected roads and ballast.
                          All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Our carknockers have a little Daihatsu Hijet, but they couldn't keep spikes out of those ballon tires...so it sits, and they use a regular service body truck with many ply tires.

Comment

This is a very interesting topic.

When I worked the road, I carried a medium sized bag. The rulebook, a roll of duct-tape, a small to medium sized aluminum pipewrench, 1 handset, 1 reverser. These items carefully placed left plenty of room for a change of clothes. The bag was little heavy but it was fine for me. I'd also carry a playmate lunchbox (large) and a 1 inch thick metal closing clipboard. More than enough room for a book of track warrants and some extra pens. In the old spartan cabs that didn't have desks, it served its purpose great. GTB's clipped to the top and on top of that, room to copy tw's. Metal clipboard fit in the grip just fine.

Now that I hold locals, I only carry a rulebook.
                              "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

We don't do overnights but i still carry a change of clothes (t-shirt, jeans, socks, boxers) all the necessary RR stuff, flashlight, batteries, Tylenol, sinus med, extra pens, lighter, cigs, and sometimes mags. It all fits into a med duffel bag. I always carry my Coleman Lrg cooler filled with lots of goodies.

Comment

Working...
                                X