X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mikeaj92
    replied
    Originally posted by nsguy View Post
    I won't watch it because of the way I heard it ends. I did watch Ol' Yeller when I was a kid and it must have screwed me up. The dogs I've had in my life were too much like humans.They all seemed to know when it was play time, eat time, hunting time, fishing time or just time to go for a ride in the truck!
    Yeah, I kinda had same situation with my dog. Oh well. live and learn. Anyways, yeah dogs are like humans but.. they don't complain, don't get bored, don't say I needa clean up, don't say i'm getting fat. They never hate me, They just sit there and enjoy life- Mans best friend.

Leave a comment:

• Musicmarine
    replied
    When I come home from a ruff trip I always have my four boys (ages 9, 6, 2, and 6 months) that greet me at the door with a huge loud "Daaaaad!!!!". Regardless of how bad the day was that moment is the best in the world. They all grab hold of my legs and hug me and then want to take turn stealing my PPE and vest and wearing it. My 9 year old has already told me he wants to be my Conductor when I'm an engineer and he is old enough to hire out. Although who knows if this job will be what it is now by then but it is still flattering and makes me think about how cool it would be to work like that with my son. My 6 year old admires the job too. And usually my two year old wants to play Thomas the Train when I get home.

The other wind down is to read yardlimits and then head down to my "office/computer room and either practice my trombone or guitar or work on the numerous orchestra pieces i am writing.

Leave a comment:

• Railroader J
    replied
    A good workout always helps me blow off a little steam.

Leave a comment:

• nsguy
    replied
    Originally posted by corn-huh?-sker View Post
    Anybody see that movie Marley and Me? Holy crap that was a tear jerker! and movies dont usually move me!
    I won't watch it because of the way I heard it ends. I did watch Ol' Yeller when I was a kid and it must have screwed me up. The dogs I've had in my life were too much like humans.They all seemed to know when it was play time, eat time, hunting time, fishing time or just time to go for a ride in the truck!

Leave a comment:

• nsrlink
    replied
    I have a 45 minute drive to / from work. I actually like it since I can drink enough coffee on the way there to get in the work mind frame & think about stuff. The same applied on the way home, I can decompress a little (usually) if I've had a stressful day. When I get home, I like to just zone out a little bit & collapse in the chair or read stuff on here.

When it is bed time (at home or away,) my habit is to get the room really dark, turn on something boring on TV & set the TV timer for about 60 minutes. I drift off to sleep pretty easily then.

Leave a comment:

• fatboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
    Spokes I tell ya, never again will I own a bike with spokes, DO YOU know how long it took me to polish all those damn spokes...
    No I don't- But I can inagine!! One reason I got the Fattie-solid wheels

Leave a comment:

• fatboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
    ain't no way I'm doing a group hug with you two again...
    Ahhh Ghostie-ya know ya will if we ask real nice

Leave a comment:

• ghostrider
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboy View Post
    For me I think having this site to air probs,ask advice,etc,and just kind of hang out helps download so I'm not passing work issues on to the family. I get to enjoy them better if I'm not bringing home work issues,Good friends,a cold drink and loyal animals,and a nice ride in the wind---don't get much better than that!!!!
    Spokes I tell ya, never again will I own a bike with spokes, DO YOU know how long it took me to polish all those damn spokes...

Leave a comment:

• ghostrider
    replied
    Originally posted by fatboy View Post
    Bugg, I think the group hug thing works very well:tongue: also-throw in a Mod like ol' Ghosti and all probs just seem to go away!!!!:biggrin
    Thanks to all!!!
    ain't no way I'm doing a group hug with you two again...

Leave a comment:

• fatboy
    replied
    For me I think having this site to air probs,ask advice,etc,and just kind of hang out helps download so I'm not passing work issues on to the family. I get to enjoy them better if I'm not bringing home work issues,Good friends,a cold drink and loyal animals,and a nice ride in the wind---don't get much better than that!!!!

Leave a comment:

• fatboy
    replied
    Originally posted by ktbugg196 View Post
    wow. thats enough dogs to have a group hugg!
    Bugg, I think the group hug thing works very well:tongue: also-throw in a Mod like ol' Ghosti and all probs just seem to go away!!!!:biggrin
    Thanks to all!!!

Leave a comment:

• amentfan322
    replied
    Originally posted by Amtkhog View Post
    Yesterday I had the trip from hell, we were an hour and a half late... red signals, detector malfunctions... efficiency tests... you name it!
    This highlights the differences between our carriers perfectly. Over on the NS out of Knoxville, This is considered a golden run.

OT AFTER 8 AND PRAY THAT THE OUTBOUND CREW IS LATE!

Leave a comment:

• Amtkhog
    replied
    Yesterday I had the trip from hell, we were an hour and a half late... red signals, detector malfunctions... efficiency tests... you name it.

When I got home I cracked a cold one and went out to work the horses. Nothing beats seeing your animals respond well to good training!

Forgot all about the railroad for a couple of hours!

Leave a comment:

• JohnEasley
    replied
    Originally posted by amentfan322 View Post
    Liquor and a line of blow? Seems to me like that would crank you back up!
    Excellent! I wanna work for his railroad!

Leave a comment:

• amentfan322
    replied
    Originally posted by Boilermaker View Post
    After a bad, long trip.... Barcardi and Coke on the front porch.
    Liquor and a line of blow? Seems to me like that would crank you back up!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X