No announcement yet.

relaxing after work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After a bad, long trip.... Barcardi and Coke on the front porch.

Comment

It doesnt matter how bad a trip went because everytime I get home and walk in the door and my 4 yr. old daughter looks up and sees me...the look on her face when she shouts "Daddy!" is so priceless that I totally forget about everything else and relish in that one moment!
      sigpic
      __________________________________________________ ____________________________________________
      "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity."
      - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Boilermaker View Post
        After a bad, long trip.... Barcardi and Coke on the front porch.
        Liquor and a line of blow? Seems to me like that would crank you back up!

Comment

Originally posted by amentfan322 View Post
          Liquor and a line of blow? Seems to me like that would crank you back up!
          Excellent! I wanna work for his railroad!
          "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

Yesterday I had the trip from hell, we were an hour and a half late... red signals, detector malfunctions... efficiency tests... you name it.

When I got home I cracked a cold one and went out to work the horses. Nothing beats seeing your animals respond well to good training!

Forgot all about the railroad for a couple of hours!
            I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Amtkhog View Post
              Yesterday I had the trip from hell, we were an hour and a half late... red signals, detector malfunctions... efficiency tests... you name it!
              This highlights the differences between our carriers perfectly. Over on the NS out of Knoxville, This is considered a golden run.

OT AFTER 8 AND PRAY THAT THE OUTBOUND CREW IS LATE!

Comment

Originally posted by ktbugg196 View Post
                wow. thats enough dogs to have a group hugg!
                Bugg, I think the group hug thing works very well:tongue: also-throw in a Mod like ol' Ghosti and all probs just seem to go away!!!!:biggrin
                Thanks to all!!!
                I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

For me I think having this site to air probs,ask advice,etc,and just kind of hang out helps download so I'm not passing work issues on to the family. I get to enjoy them better if I'm not bringing home work issues,Good friends,a cold drink and loyal animals,and a nice ride in the wind---don't get much better than that!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
                    Bugg, I think the group hug thing works very well:tongue: also-throw in a Mod like ol' Ghosti and all probs just seem to go away!!!!:biggrin
                    Thanks to all!!!
                    ain't no way I'm doing a group hug with you two again...

Comment

Originally posted by fatboy View Post
                      For me I think having this site to air probs,ask advice,etc,and just kind of hang out helps download so I'm not passing work issues on to the family. I get to enjoy them better if I'm not bringing home work issues,Good friends,a cold drink and loyal animals,and a nice ride in the wind---don't get much better than that!!!!
                      Spokes I tell ya, never again will I own a bike with spokes, DO YOU know how long it took me to polish all those damn spokes...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                        ain't no way I'm doing a group hug with you two again...
                        Ahhh Ghostie-ya know ya will if we ask real nice

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                          Spokes I tell ya, never again will I own a bike with spokes, DO YOU know how long it took me to polish all those damn spokes...
                          No I don't- But I can inagine!! One reason I got the Fattie-solid wheels

Comment

I have a 45 minute drive to / from work. I actually like it since I can drink enough coffee on the way there to get in the work mind frame & think about stuff. The same applied on the way home, I can decompress a little (usually) if I've had a stressful day. When I get home, I like to just zone out a little bit & collapse in the chair or read stuff on here.

When it is bed time (at home or away,) my habit is to get the room really dark, turn on something boring on TV & set the TV timer for about 60 minutes. I drift off to sleep pretty easily then.
                            Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by corn-huh?-sker View Post
                              Anybody see that movie Marley and Me? Holy crap that was a tear jerker! and movies dont usually move me!
                              I won't watch it because of the way I heard it ends. I did watch Ol' Yeller when I was a kid and it must have screwed me up. The dogs I've had in my life were too much like humans.They all seemed to know when it was play time, eat time, hunting time, fishing time or just time to go for a ride in the truck!

Comment

A good workout always helps me blow off a little steam.
                                She offered her honor, so I honored her offer...so all night long I was on her and off her.

Comment

Working...
                                X