No announcement yet.

relaxing after work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dogs really are man's best. I had to put my Bernese named Zeb, yes it really was Zeb(full name Zebadiah), to sleep 4 weeks ago and he was always there to greet me and make me feel like a million bucks. That is the one great thing I can say about my furlough. Because of it I got to spend great time with my buddy for the last 3 months of his life. House and life is still empty without him and like NSGuy I still get weepy at times when I come across a picture or remember something he did. The son and I would like to get another but the wife is not ready yet.
    sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
    ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
      Dogs really are man's best. I had to put my Bernese named Zeb, yes it really was Zeb(full name Zebadiah), to sleep 4 weeks ago and he was always there to greet me and make me feel like a million bucks. That is the one great thing I can say about my furlough. Because of it I got to spend great time with my buddy for the last 3 months of his life. House and life is still empty without him and like NSGuy I still get weepy at times when I come across a picture or remember something he did. The son and I would like to get another but the wife is not ready yet.
      It rips me apart with the dogs...But coming home to them sure makes it great to celebrate their lives with em.

When that time comes Rainbows Bridge Home Page

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
        It rips me apart with the dogs...But coming home to them sure makes it great to celebrate their lives with em.

When that time comes Rainbows Bridge Home Page

For me its just the fact that the dog showers affection no matter what. You can do no wrong with them and they just treat you like you are the best thing around even when the rest of the world thinks you suck.

I have to go pick up Zebs ashes at the vets office and my son and I are going to take them up north to our lake property and bury them there. He may have been a Bernese but whenever we went to the lake he thought he was a Lab and loved swimming even if it was funny looking.

You are right. They are the best.
        sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."

Comment

If we keep this up, the girls on here might think we're big softies! BTW, I created an album of my guys on my page...check 'em out!

Comment

Ya we strayed off topic far enough Kattie will probably boot us..

Comment

Originally posted by amentfan322 View Post
              If we keep this up, the girls on here might think we're big softies! BTW, I created an album of my guys on my page...check 'em out!

I think with dogs it is allowed. They are probably the only creature that could turn a hardened cold man into a wimpering child when they go.

Comment

Originally posted by nsguy View Post
                Spend some quality time with 6 or 12 of my "BUDS"!
                I still have a hard time sleeping every time I invite my "BUDS"! For some strange reason, every one of them insists on bringing their own "Lite" to the party!

Comment

Originally posted by TFB View Post
                  Anybody see that movie Marley and Me? Holy crap that was a tear jerker! and movies dont usually move me!
                  "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
                  Emiliano Zapata 8/8/1879 - 4/10/1919

Comment

Never seen "Marley and Me", but I am man enough to admit that I cried at the end of "My Girl" when I went to go see it in the theatre when I was 10 years old!

Comment

I'm feeling real bad about the "dog turd" remark in the earlier post. Hell, I've lost relatives in the last few years that I didn't feel as sad about as I have the loss of my dogs.Maybe it's because they were Labs. This breed acts so much like a person that I think of them as I would my kids. The female we have now will bring me my sneakers in the morning to hurry up the "Ride Time" but no way in hell will she bring me my work boots!

Comment

We don't have any kids yet, so our pups are spoiled just the same......and I don't even need to worry about saving up for them to go to college!

Comment

We don't have any kids yet, so our pups are spoiled just the same......and I don't even need to worry about saving up for them to go to college!
                          I have a dog and a daughter. The dog is far cheaper to keep, and they don't get mouthy!:tongue:
                          "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

funny you say that, cause as i was reading all i could think is how being n the girls room yall become so sensitive. how sweet.

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
                            Ya we strayed off topic far enough Kattie will probably boot us..
                            yes, a little off, but i thought everyone was just being so nice id let it ride a little bit.
                            Duck tape is silver, silence is golden.

Comment

Originally posted by corn-huh?-sker View Post
                              Anybody see that movie Marley and Me? Holy crap that was a tear jerker! and movies dont usually move me!

My wife and son rented that movie 3 days after we had our dog put to sleep. Neither of them had read the book nor really knew what it was other than the clips about the movie. I somewhat did which is why I chose not to watch it and did not understand why they did until later. They were both balling at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by ktbugg196 View Post
                                [FONT=Georgia]funny you say that, cause as i was reading all i could think is how being n the girls room yall become so sensitive. how sweet.[/FONT
                                LOL! I just love hearing that word "yall"! Reminds me of the Beverly Hillbillies!
                                "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

Working...
                                X