Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women in Railroading

WW2 vintage?
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
      WW2 vintage?
      Not sure. Just goes to show that women have been involved in railroading for quite a while, and not just in desk jobs. Yes, a majority of them were in the office, but women were out in the field too, helping keep the wheels turning.

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
        Not sure. Just goes to show that women have been involved in railroading for quite a while, and not just in desk jobs. Yes, a majority of them were in the office, but women were out in the field too, helping keep the wheels turning.
        Probably was during WWII. A lot of women worked railroad, factory, and other male dominated jobs those four years while the guys were overseas fighting. I talked to some of the old heads that were here back then and they told me that most of those women could run rings around some of the men they worked with.

Well, no surprise there. All the ones at my location can do that.

GOC

Comment

Northern, thanks for posting & sharing those old pictures, I love them!
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

i hope this show up big enough. if not, sorry.

3c05158t.gif

an05.jpg

enginewipers_400.jpg

first-world-war-women-train-cleaners_679972.jpg

images.jpg
            Duck tape is silver, silence is golden.

Comment

Nice pix KT and Northern

Comment

I found this and decided it was worth sharing. This is a sort of blog by a woman on the Alaska Railroad about getting hired and training...

ARR Stories: Hired as an Alaska Railroad Brakeman

Brasspounder

Comment

Working...
                X