Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question....

Ladies:

I have always been curious about this but for obvious reasons asking it at work might get my ass kicked.

The question is this.......when the curse of womanhood is on you, that time of the month so to speak, how do you girls manage to come to work in 100 degree heat or 10 degree cold and get through the day?

Before my baby went through the change, when it got to be that time she would get physically sick, I mean she'd get headaches, cramps, the whole shooting match. Usually the first and second day she'd have to stay in bed. I can't imagine any woman in that shape even being halfway able to come out here and line switches, tie up brakes, or even run an engine.

Like I said, I'm just curious. We men don't have to deal with that like you ladies do and if you are able to come to work and perform under those conditions my hat is off to you.

GOC

I guess just like with us men, it takes a certain breed of woman to work out here. My wife could never do it, and she would be the first one to tell you that. She has a hard enough time as it is in her climate controlled office job when she is going through it. I think blue collar jobs like ours just attract the tougher girls!

Comment

well lets see. myself when aunt flow decides to visit me i usually just try to grin and bare it. myne arent easy to go through, i get sick and doubled over in pain as well. there have been 3 times i have taken off work for it, the caller questioned me why i wanted off, saying its personal or im sick wasnt good enough, twice they transfered me to my TM where i had to tell him. its imbarrassing to tell a male caller, then your male TM, "im cramping, bloated and throwing up and dont think id be much use at work". Of course the TM never argues. So ive just learn to deal with it.
      i will admit that there have been times ive been on the ground and i double over in the rocks for a few minutes, or sit in the seat curled up. i usually just say i dont feel well and leave it at that.
      Duck tape is silver, silence is golden.

Comment

kt:

You should NEVER have to go into detail about anything like that. And having to come to work and double over on the rocks or curl in the seat?

Bless your heart if you do that. Hell, and I complain if my back hurts or my arthritis is acting up.

Thanks for your explanation. I figured you or fatboy would be glad to give me one. I always have been curious but never had the courage to ask any of my lady co-workers, much as I love them all.

GOC

Comment

After dealing with SOME of the people in CMC on Desk 13, I'd always love to give bad details and I've been know to embellish them a little bit when marking off.......For instance, if I had a stomach ache, I'd tell them I have explosive diarrhea and projectile vomitting! I figure this way, since most of them have a miserable attitude anyways, now they could have miserable mental images all day to go with it!

Comment

My answer is bout like KT buggs, Double up - curl up -take enough advil to make the flow faster and the cramps easier.(lucky to have a stomache lining after) Most of the guys I work with seem to know the signs of what I'm going thru and seem to understand It's not the best few days for me. Trying to make sure theres a restroom avail for need visits is the main prob. The trade off of not beeing stuck in an office or a factory with no windows is worth it.
            I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

I don't have the whole cramping and pain problem very often and when I do it is usually relieved by all the walking I do.....My thing would be the week before the visit when I get a little more agitated than any other time and just the smallest thing either sets me off or hurts my wittle feelings and then what do you say "Sorry, it's just that time"
              sigpic

Comment

A sack of 8 White Castles with cheese, o ring and a big red usually makes me cramp the next day. I smell pretty bad too.

HB
                "Never argue with an idiot; people watching might not be able to tell the difference".

Posts by Hornblower are merely opinions of Hornblower and are for entertainment only. Hornblower does not represent any railroad anywhere. Feel free to pass over any post that offends you.

Comment

Originally posted by ktbugg196 View Post
                  there have been 3 times i have taken off work for it, the caller questioned me why i wanted off, saying its personal or im sick wasnt good enough, twice they transfered me to my TM where i had to tell him. its imbarrassing to tell a male caller, then your male TM, "im cramping, bloated and throwing up and dont think id be much use at work". Of course the TM never argues. So ive just learn to deal with it.

I will use that next time after a long night of drinking.:trink26:
                  Is that you John Wayne??? Is this me???

Comment

Originally posted by pin jammer View Post
                    I will use that next time after a long night of drinking.:trink26:
                    I already tried that, pinjammer. My road forman just made me go in for a physical to make sure I was who he thought I was!
                    I hope we shall... crush in its birth the aristocracy of our moneyed corporations, which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength and to bid defiance to the laws of our country. - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
                    X