I need our ladies to be MythBusters!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need our ladies to be MythBusters!

Me and my wife had a very interesting conversation this morning. The topic was one that I usually try to avoid like the plague: PMS! Anyways, she contends that in the week leading up to her time of the month, That I am more grouchy and irritable than she is. I maintain that the only reason why I would be cranky ( IF I even am, I don't see it) is because I know that I am subject to a week of petty arguments and irrational reasoning. She says that its been a PROVEN scientific fact that men get PMS just like women do. I found a couple of interesting articles on line about it, but nothing conclusive. What do you ladies think? Have you witnessed this kind of behavior from your significant others?

Originally posted by amentfan322 View Post
    Me and my wife had a very interesting conversation this morning. The topic was one that I usually try to avoid like the plague: PMS! Anyways, she contends that in the week leading up to her time of the month, That I am more grouchy and irritable than she is. I maintain that the only reason why I would be cranky ( IF I even am, I don't see it) is because I know that I am subject to a week of petty arguments and irrational reasoning. She says that its been a PROVEN scientific fact that men get PMS just like women do. I found a couple of interesting articles on line about it, but nothing conclusive. What do you ladies think? Have you witnessed this kind of behavior from your significant others?
    The differences between men and women aren't all that much, believe it or not. Testosterone and Estrogen are the two basic differences. During growth in the mothers womb, these hormones determine sex. If it's a female, the penile part stays small, and what would have been testicles go up inside and form ovaries (high estrogen, low testosterone). If it's male(high testosterone, low estrogen), visa-versa.
    Inject a man with estrogen and he starts developing breasts. Inject a woman with testosterone and her female parts start to grow.
    This all being said, are you surprised that men would have some sort of a cycle during the month? The main part of PMS is the shedding of the egg, but with men, this cycle could still occur, but with no egg to shed, the other parts of PMS would not be present. I'm sure that men have peak and lows in hormone levels throughout the month.
    My best guess to your question is? Absolutely men go through "times of the month", although not as noticeable as their female counterparts.

Comment

Well, as silly as it sounds, I know when I was on sea-duty, the women would all "go on cycle" together after a few months. As if they had formed some sort of meta-physical connection with each other and their bodies just somehow synched up.

I reckon, if it can happen woman to woman, it's conceivable that it can happen woman to man, or vise versa. . . .

Shit, now we're gonna have to find ourselves a doctor to open up a forum now! LOL
      We are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Comment

My wife and I have had similar conversations. It appears that since it is coming from her and not anyone else, as in my case. It may be exactly what you said, her constant iritability that makes you less happy. We have also noticed that when her time of the month is approaching, she conceives things differently and her rationing skill is off.
        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by hoydie17 View Post
          Well, as silly as it sounds, I know when I was on sea-duty, the women would all "go on cycle" together after a few months. As if they had formed some sort of meta-physical connection with each other and their bodies just somehow synched up.

I reckon, if it can happen woman to woman, it's conceivable that it can happen woman to man, or vise versa. . . .

Shit, now we're gonna have to find ourselves a doctor to open up a forum now! LOL
          Perfect week for vacations .....

Comment

Originally posted by ghostrider View Post
            Perfect week for vacations .....
            Yeah, but kinda tough when you're stuck on a 586ft long ship, hundreds of miles from the nearest vacation "hot spot" or land in general.

Great chance to earn your "red-wings" though!!!!
            We are programmed to receive, you can check out anytime you like, but you can never leave!

Comment

Great chance to earn your "red-wings" though!!!!
              :scared1:

Comment

As strange as it seems, it's really not. You have to picture us as part of the animal kingdom, which we are. Part of this cycle, they all go on, is a way to compete. This way they all are able to be fertile at the same time and are all able to compete for the same men. (I know it sounds strange and animalistic, but that's just it.) It's a throw back deal from our more primitive lifestyles and ways of living. We can see very similar things in nature constantly, yet fail to realize that we also are a part of this nature.

Comment

I think I'm just gonna sit back and watch this one for awhile
                  I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

Well, my baby is already through the "change" so I don't have to worry about PMS anymore. I'm probably grouchier than she ever got on any of her times of the month.

AND, she puts up with my grouchy old ass so I can't complain. No better woman on earth.

GOC

Comment

I'm like Grump...been there, done that. we still fight, but it's not a full blown war like in the PMS days.
                      -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Thank you for all the answers, and the very interesting points of view. I still don't know if I buy the theory of masculine PMS. I understand why women go through it, and I understand what causes their mind and body to change during the cycle. I would think if it were to happen with men, that it would happen on a regular basis. I don't know about any of it, but I do know that I'm NOT going to tell my wife she might be right. I'd never hear the end of it!

Comment

Originally posted by amentfan322 View Post
                          Thank you for all the answers, and the very interesting points of view. I still don't know if I buy the theory of masculine PMS. I understand why women go through it, and I understand what causes their mind and body to change during the cycle. I would think if it were to happen with men, that it would happen on a regular basis. I don't know about any of it, but I do know that I'm NOT going to tell my wife she might be right. I'd never hear the end of it!
                          I still like the direction I took.
                          We care about our women so much that when they are unhappy, we react with our basic instincts. (laughter, anger, sorrow, etc...)
                          They, however, having hormonal fluxes and such will invoke one of these basic instincts, then their mood changes so quickly that we are simply unable to keep up.

In short....... "baby, when you're unhappy, it makes me unhappy. I dont know how to handle it, so I will become a scared little boy and hide behind a wall of anger and frustration to block you from seeing my hurt feelings............ so your hormonal ass dont beat me for crying."
                          All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I'm a firm believer in the old adage....."If momma ain't happy, ain't no one happy!"

Comment

I am so proud of all you guys!!!:tongue: I think you are all right!! I can confirm the scientific facts -I can confirm the fact that a group of women who spend a lot of time together will have their cycles at the same time. And for the biggie----When mamma ain't happy ain't no-body happy I hovered at the back of this topic to see if you all did understand more than you thought you did and I wasn'nt dissapointed.Maybe us women need to give our men a little slack once in awhile-instead of telling them they just don't understand.
                              I may not be king..But..ITS GOOD TO BE QUEEN

Comment

Working...
                              X