Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help plan our "Big" 2009 Vacation.

please delete this thread
    Last edited by MuddyAxles; 09-06-2010, 08:53 PM. Reason: please delete this thread

Are you into hiking or driving to a scenic spot? So much to see in the pacific northwest. Is Washington State farther west than your thinking of traveling?

Comment

I live in Illinois about 40 miles north of St. Louis. If you get this way there is a Classic Car place off of Interstate 55 at the 41 mile marker that's worth seeing. There are some really nice cars there. Doesn't look like much from the outside. Not much else this way to see though. I wouldn't drive too far out of my way.

Comment

Don't like the turd brown color or that font! Might just be my eyes?

Comment

if you were gonna come west from OKC, I highly recomend taking 40 to Gallup NMexico, and head up into Utah to Moab, some really beautiful country there.

One could go north through to Cheyenne, then on north to I-90 and head back east.

If you stretch it to the PNW, ie Boise, there's some beautiful country here too, but your gonna have alot of windshield time. OKC is 24 hours windshield time from here, and thats on the route through Utah to Gallup and across 40.
          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

a sidetrip you would like...

make your way to Boise, see your cousin, then head north up Highway 95, and make a detour to ride the big tour boat Hells Canyon Adventures runs through the Canyon. Ride through the biggest navigable rapids in the deepest Gorge in North America.

Hells Canyon Dam to Pittsburgh landing and back is a day trip,

Wild Sheep and Granite are class 4's, and Waterspout and Rush creek are class 3's...

http://www.hellscanyonadventures.com/

that video on the homepage is Wildsheep....

thats a 36' triple Cummins Diesel boat I think.."Gusto Del Rio"....

Comment

I liked the font and the color........but ya could make it bigger

okc and austin......... then ya could swing west and look at new mexico. white sands
              sunsets to die for..... spectacular nite skies beautiful day time vistas friendly people lots of green chile.

check out guthrie ok. pretty old brick buildings, art and lunch. it isn't far from okc

j
              live well ......laugh often.........Love much

shop local
              &
              buy American

never wrestle with a pig, you both get all dirty & the pig likes it

Comment

Originally posted by nsevh
                I live in Illinois about 40 miles north of St. Louis. If you get this way there is a Classic Car place off of Interstate 55 at the 41 mile marker that's worth seeing. There are some really nice cars there. Doesn't look like much from the outside. Not much else this way to see though. I wouldn't drive too far out of my way.
                Ive drove by this place a few times. Never stopped but I wanted to. If the inside is even better than the outside then they have quite a few classics. I saw a bunch outside I would like to have.

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyAxles
                  And it's not far from Boise at all! Hmmmm!
                  if you get here let me know in advance

Comment

I would recommend the Wind River Range in Wyoming. It's by far my favorite place to visit in the area. You could lose yourself for a good long time there.

Oh, and the font works fine.

Ben

Comment

This is some interesting information. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by MuddyAxles
                        Yes, it is misspatty, and it just occurred to me that, even if we can't use all of it, why don't we all post a vacation destination (I prefer the driving kind) that we have either seen first-hand or have direct knowledge about.

Then whenever someone needs to find out about a possible place to go, someone may have already posted something here and he/she can get more info if they really plan to go.
                        I hit a bunch of Route 66 all over Arizona. From the exploited site seeing route 66 to the old town, ran down pot holed route 66. Route 66 is just plain cool, no matter where you see it. I can't imagine it being any different in other states. Salt Lake City is cool. The Salt Flats will amaze you to see them. Bonneville's a dive, but if you watch something like "The World's Fastest Indian" movie or some shows on the Salt Flats it makes them a lot more interesting.

Comment

Going by motorhome, trailer or car and motel?

Comment

Just you and the wife? Kids? Pets?

Comment

Originally posted by jeannie View Post
                              I liked the font and the color........but ya could make it bigger

okc and austin......... then ya could swing west and look at new mexico. white sands
                              sunsets to die for..... spectacular nite skies beautiful day time vistas friendly people lots of green chile.

check out guthrie ok. pretty old brick buildings, art and lunch. it isn't far from okc

j
                              if he gets that far south,[west] Big Bend National Forest is a must see. don't go in the summer though. I've been twice & it's even better now with new roads open.
                              -sigpicLet's All Hunch!

Comment

Working...
                              X