Crater Lake, Or

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crater Lake, Or

A few from our trip last week. The staff told me they had almost no snow up till January, then it has put some down, still less than normal, but impressive nonetheless.
    Attached Files
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

A few more, these are from the drive south to Klamath Falls.

The loader with blower is what they use to keep the limited area of the park open, S side visitors center, then the 3 mile road up to Rim Village. That's the vantage point to see the lake, and they also have a gift shop and limited restaurant up there as well.

The blower is powered separately from the loader, small Mercedes diesel.
    Attached Files

Comment

I stopped by there a number of years ago during a summer trip... way cool place!

Comment

Originally posted by RadioGuy View Post
        I stopped by there a number of years ago during a summer trip... way cool place!
        I did the same a few years ago. That old log cabin (can't seem to remember the name, but the main info area) is pretty cool up there. Awesome views on the deck over looking the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by Apd View Post
          I did the same a few years ago. That old log cabin (can't seem to remember the name, but the main info area) is pretty cool up there. Awesome views on the deck over looking the lake.
          The one up top is Rim Village. We plan to go back in the summer when you can drive from the north side of the park along the crater rim. I also want to see Mt ST Helens monument as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
            The one up top is Rim Village. We plan to go back in the summer when you can drive from the north side of the park along the crater rim. I also want to see Mt ST Helens monument as well.
            I went to MT ST Helens as well and its defiantly worth the trip. Just make sure you go on a day that's not foggy :tongue:

Comment

Originally posted by Apd View Post
              I went to MT ST Helens as well and its defiantly worth the trip. Just make sure you go on a day that's not foggy :tongue:
              The folks at the Rim Village told us that was the first day in a week that had clear visibility of the crater, we felt pretty lucky.

Comment

Working...
              X