Any of you midwest guys storm chase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PI_Division_Conductor
    started a topic Any of you midwest guys storm chase?

Any of you midwest guys storm chase?

I know we have several here from the midwest. Any of you storm chase? I'm putting a little something together for the end of the month, and thinking of finding potential fellow adventurers.

• PI_Division_Conductor
    replied
    Hurricane season just started, hoping to get into one this year, maybe 2. Also just ordered a new semi-pro HD Camcorder. Should be set equipment wise, 2 camcorders and 2 DSLR cameras. Just need some storms

Leave a comment:

• jetboater
    replied
    used to be fun to take a 12 pack and have a good time....

I definitely would not do that today though

Leave a comment:

• MidwestRail
    replied
    Some of us used to go chasing that shit, it was always fun and a little crazy. might be kind of fun to do again someday.

Leave a comment:

• jetboater
    replied
    I guess a big storm moved through S Central Illinois today, big tornado just outside of Litchfield Il, my sister in law was not happy she got to try out their new storm room, but it missed them by 8 miles. Said it was so bad the wind and rain tore a bunch of stuff up anyways.

Leave a comment:

• rrbob
    replied
    Originally posted by PI_Division_Conductor View Post
    We had a huge outbreak here in NC on Saturday, 4/16/11. I chased those storms in the eastern part of the state and got some pictures and video. Rare for supercells of that size to develope in this state. I think they are settling with 62 as the total number of tornadoes for Saturday in NC alone. I saw 3. I'll post some pictures later if anybody is interested in weather related photos.
    Post away, and I'll try to post some pictures of the women I used to chase.

Leave a comment:

• PI_Division_Conductor
    replied
    We had a huge outbreak here in NC on Saturday, 4/16/11. I chased those storms in the eastern part of the state and got some pictures and video. Rare for supercells of that size to develope in this state. I think they are settling with 62 as the total number of tornadoes for Saturday in NC alone. I saw 3. I'll post some pictures later if anybody is interested in weather related photos.

Leave a comment:

• NonSense
    replied
    Yeah, PI_CO probably could have done a fair amount of chasing or dodging fairly close to home Saturday night.

Leave a comment:

• Bohemian Hog
    replied
    I consider myself more of a storm dodger.

Leave a comment:

• gsxr1000mxz800
    replied
    Originally posted by rrbob View Post
    I used to chase women, don't even do that any more. They could get pretty stormy at times.
    that sir is what we call shit storms.

Leave a comment:

• TheAbrasiveOne
    replied
    I am an avid storm spotter... I dont chase more than around 100 miles. If the storms are near me, I'm more than happy to help.

Without any training, I suggest you do NOT attempt to get anywhere near a dangerous storm.

Leave a comment:

• PI_Division_Conductor
    replied
    Originally posted by jetboater View Post
    if you get near OK City end of April, give me a shout.
    That's my destination. I-40 from Winston Salem straight into OKC. Should arrive there around 2am on April 26 if I drive straight through.....or around noon on the 26th if I stop somewhere over night, maybe around Little Rock AR if I do stop. Planning to try and make the full 17hr drive straight through though. I figure Oklahoma City will be a good starting point being the rough center of the Alley and a historical hotspot for Tornadic activity. I'll hang around between there and Wichita KS the majority of the time based on the storms. Maybe if it pans out, we can meet up and have a smoke on a nice "non eventful" day. lol

Leave a comment:

• Bobo Spewak
    replied
    I used to... also did some spotting to help out a friend in radio news some time ago... haven't had much time for it, and over the past few years, it's come pretty close to home so I haven't had to go far to see it

Leave a comment:

• jetboater
    replied
    if you get near OK City end of April, give me a shout.

Leave a comment:

• PI_Division_Conductor
    replied
    Well I'm nutty I guess. lol I'll be out there on the great plains for 4-5 days at the end of this month. Again for 2 weeks next May.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X