Any of you midwest guys storm chase?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you midwest guys storm chase?

I know we have several here from the midwest. Any of you storm chase? I'm putting a little something together for the end of the month, and thinking of finding potential fellow adventurers.
    Junior: My hat blew off, daddy.
    Buford T. Justice: I hope your goddamn head was in it.

Not without that tank they drive on TV.....talk about nutty......
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I used to chase women, don't even do that any more. They could get pretty stormy at times.

Comment

Well I'm nutty I guess. lol I'll be out there on the great plains for 4-5 days at the end of this month. Again for 2 weeks next May.

Comment

if you get near OK City end of April, give me a shout.
          Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

I used to... also did some spotting to help out a friend in radio news some time ago... haven't had much time for it, and over the past few years, it's come pretty close to home so I haven't had to go far to see it

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater View Post
              if you get near OK City end of April, give me a shout.
              That's my destination. I-40 from Winston Salem straight into OKC. Should arrive there around 2am on April 26 if I drive straight through.....or around noon on the 26th if I stop somewhere over night, maybe around Little Rock AR if I do stop. Planning to try and make the full 17hr drive straight through though. I figure Oklahoma City will be a good starting point being the rough center of the Alley and a historical hotspot for Tornadic activity. I'll hang around between there and Wichita KS the majority of the time based on the storms. Maybe if it pans out, we can meet up and have a smoke on a nice "non eventful" day. lol

Comment

I am an avid storm spotter... I dont chase more than around 100 miles. If the storms are near me, I'm more than happy to help.

Without any training, I suggest you do NOT attempt to get anywhere near a dangerous storm.
                ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by rrbob View Post
                  I used to chase women, don't even do that any more. They could get pretty stormy at times.
                  that sir is what we call shit storms.
                  --all postings by this poster are public information and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad-for their official position please see the particular carriers website

Comment

I consider myself more of a storm dodger.
                    Skating on thin ice

Comment

Yeah, PI_CO probably could have done a fair amount of chasing or dodging fairly close to home Saturday night.

Comment

We had a huge outbreak here in NC on Saturday, 4/16/11. I chased those storms in the eastern part of the state and got some pictures and video. Rare for supercells of that size to develope in this state. I think they are settling with 62 as the total number of tornadoes for Saturday in NC alone. I saw 3. I'll post some pictures later if anybody is interested in weather related photos.

Comment

Originally posted by PI_Division_Conductor View Post
                          We had a huge outbreak here in NC on Saturday, 4/16/11. I chased those storms in the eastern part of the state and got some pictures and video. Rare for supercells of that size to develope in this state. I think they are settling with 62 as the total number of tornadoes for Saturday in NC alone. I saw 3. I'll post some pictures later if anybody is interested in weather related photos.
                          Post away, and I'll try to post some pictures of the women I used to chase.

Comment

I guess a big storm moved through S Central Illinois today, big tornado just outside of Litchfield Il, my sister in law was not happy she got to try out their new storm room, but it missed them by 8 miles. Said it was so bad the wind and rain tore a bunch of stuff up anyways.
                            Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Some of us used to go chasing that shit, it was always fun and a little crazy. might be kind of fun to do again someday.
                              "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X