Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arizona

I'm going to take the kids w/my dad to the Grand Canyon this summer, and visit relatives and stuff. Anything else to see around that area. Yuma might be something to check out, at least the old prison there. The one that they were taking Russell Crowe to in 3:10 to Yuma. Other than that, Any historical stuff? I tried looking up some stuff. I'm sure they have ghost towns, anything of any cool interest?

Well maybe take a tour of http://www.yuma.army.mil/, http://arizona.kudzu.com/controller....emiumPlacement,

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Search?q=...zona__2E__html

Comment

You should really try to get to Tombstone.

Comment

Originally posted by nixy-nox
        You should really try to get to Tombstone.
        Thank-you! I forgot about Tombstone!! This is why I put this thread up and you brudda helped me out!!

Comment

Ghost, I've been through all these type of things. I think I might check out Yuma, but Tombstone is a great Idea.

Comment

Here's another that might be cool to see.

Montezuma Castle

Comment

The Lowell Observatory. Flagstaff, Arizona

http://www.lowell.edu/outreach/index.php
              "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Northern
                I'm going to take the kids w/my dad to the Grand Canyon this summer, and visit relatives and stuff. Anything else to see around that area. Yuma might be something to check out, at least the old prison there. The one that they were taking Russell Crowe to in 3:10 to Yuma. Other than that, Any historical stuff? I tried looking up some stuff. I'm sure they have ghost towns, anything of any cool interest?
                Check out the crater. Not much to see but a big hole but the kids may like it. I think it's somewhere around there.
                Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Originally posted by Popeye
                  Check out the crater. Not much to see but a big hole but the kids may like it. I think it's somewhere around there.
                  That's there too? I always kinda wanted to see that.

Comment

Take a magnet with you...all around the site ate very small iron pellets where the meteor exploded in mid air and shattered into a bazillion pieces. I didn't know about the pellets untill after visiting it many years ago. Your kids can take home some space stuff that they will always remember.
                    Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

Comment

Take a magnet with you...all around the site ate very small iron pellets where the meteor exploded in mid air and shattered into a bazillion pieces. I didn't know about the pellets untill after visiting it many years ago. Your kids can take home some space stuff that they will always remember.
                      Cool, thanks a lot for the info. I'm going to do this...........

Comment

You won't find em by the info center, you'll have to do a walk a bout. The history of the guy that bought the crater thinking there was a huge iron meteor under is pretty cool. But the pellets are there.

Comment

You won't find em by the info center, you'll have to do a walk a bout. The history of the guy that bought the crater thinking there was a huge iron meteor under is pretty cool. But the pellets are there.
                          Yeah, he pretty much went broke trying to locate the mother lode. There was a show on Dish here awhile back about this very thing. Back in the day they had not postulated the complete destruction theory and were all looking for the mass. Arizona is pretty cool,hope it rains a couple of days before you arrive this spring,the desert in bloom is beautiful. Don't forget Hoover Dam in your travels.

Comment

Isn't it hot, hot , hot there in the summer months?

Comment

Oh Yeah, but it's a dry heat.(whatever.) It's so frikken hot the wind sucks the moisture straight off your skin. Hot. Hell of a place to be a conductor,have to be tough mother's out there.

Comment

Working...
                              X