Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• destination

since I was a kid, new mexico was the destination of cholce

after having lived here for some years, it remains so......

the welcome mat is out for the land of enchantment

it remains

enchanting and the monsoon season is upon us at present.

j
    live well ......laugh often.........Love much

shop local
    &
    buy American

never wrestle with a pig, you both get all dirty & the pig likes it

jeannie, I think New Mexico is a beautiful place. Well, most of it anyway. I was a teenager the first time I visited. We drove out to Lincoln National Forest and set up camp. I had never been camping before. The first night, a bear woke us all up as it was going through the food that was left on a table beside my tent. People assured me that it was not a large bear, as bears go, it looked plenty big to me. By the second day I was so bored that I hiked into Ruidoso and spent the day at a bowling alley/ pool hall/ snack bar and hiked back to camp before it got dark. That was my routine for the rest of the time we stayed in Lincoln County. I only went back to the camp to sleep. That was many years ago and I have not been camping since. I guess the moral of this story is; you can take a city boy out in the woods, but, he will always find his way back to civilization.
    "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote
      jeannie, I think New Mexico is a beautiful place. Well, most of it anyway. I was a teenager the first time I visited. We drove out to Lincoln National Forest and set up camp. I had never been camping before. The first night, a bear woke us all up as it was going through the food that was left on a table beside my tent. People assured me that it was not a large bear, as bears go, it looked plenty big to me. By the second day I was so bored that I hiked into Ruidoso and spent the day at a bowling alley/ pool hall/ snack bar and hiked back to camp before it got dark. That was my routine for the rest of the time we stayed in Lincoln County. I only went back to the camp to sleep. That was many years ago and I have not been camping since. I guess the moral of this story is; you can take a city boy out in the woods, but, he will always find his way back to civilization.
      Coyote, where I come from, W.Va., most bowling alleys, pool halls or snack bars are not civilized.....

Comment

Originally posted by big hack
        Coyote, where I come from, W.Va., most bowling alleys, pool halls or snack bars are not civilized.....
        In New Mexico, it was a sight for sore eyes, believe me.

Comment

Originally posted by big hack
          Been to a few of them up there, I'll definitely second that!!!!!
          "In a world of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act." --George Orwell

Comment

think yer ol bowling alley is defunct now. there is another closer to where you would've camped.

did the win place and show bar be just up the street from your hangout?

j
            live well ......laugh often.........Love much

shop local
            &
            buy American

never wrestle with a pig, you both get all dirty & the pig likes it

Comment

Originally posted by jeannie

did the win place and show bar be just up the street from your hangout?

j
              I really can't remember, jeannie. At that time at least, if you were underage, there was not much for you to do in, Ruidoso.

Comment

Working...
              X