We all have a White Whale, something that we wish to capture, yet it teases us, eludes us, but dont Call me Ishmael..

My NS Heritage unit White Whale has been the Illinois Terminal 1072, the last One I needed to shoot leading out in the "wild" It has teased me on several occasions, running at night, or trailing, but finally I have it. This past Thursday, the 1072 was the lead motor on NS 27V, a empty rack train for the mixing Center at Shelbyville, KY. The weather was wet..very wet..with heavy rain, fog and a chill that went right for your soul...the kind of weather that would keep most at home, but not me. Early in the afternoon, I found my target and would manage a few decent shots despite the best efforts of Mother Nature....Now, I need another elusive create to hunt..

"Aye, aye! and Iíll chase him round Good Hope, and round the Horn, and round the Norway Maelstrom, and round perditionís flames before I give him up" Captain Ahab...

Full sized images this link >>> NS Heritage Power and OCS in 2014 Photo Gallery by E.M. & Carmon Bell at pbase.com

12/04/14

IT 1072 leads NS 27V up the foggy valley at Bowen, KY

Easing up the North main at Danville, KY as the rain falls

The rain had stopped, leaving behind a cloudy, murky evening that would soon evolve into a foggy night. Illinois Terminal 1072 leads NS 27V along the banks of Town Branch Creek in Harrodsburg, KY in the last few minutes of usable light...