Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last shots of 2010..a fitting end to a great year..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last shots of 2010..a fitting end to a great year..

After sleeping in this morning a bit, I awoke to what appeared to be mostly sunny skies (and that was about 1130am..wasted half the day)...anyway, after a little while getting my head right after 12 hours sleep and listening to the radio, Carmon and Myself decided to head out. We just missed a 375 and 112 (it was to early in the afternoon for Westbounds anyway)

After a quick diversion for a little shopping (and I still have not figured out how that happened ) We headed over to Waddy to shoot the Westbound 22A, which would be the last train to operate in daylight over the Louisville District. 22A had a SD70M-2 leading, which I though would be a good end to the year, but on the way back towards home, we swung by Lawrenceburg (KY) and found the T-19 local power tied down for the weekend..and it was another SD70M-2! We spent a few minutes shooting some detail shots of it before the clouds shut us down for the day.

I am not a superstitious person, but maybe...just maybe, the fact the last thing I shot this year was EMD, means that 2011 will be a EMD kinda year..one can only Hope.. Anyway..happy New Years to everyone..may all your signals be green and all your power not be made in Erie Smiley

High Res versions of todays stuff can be found at this link.. NS Louisville District 2010 Photo Gallery by E.M. Bell at pbase.com

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
    Salvisa, KY

Good old thundercabs!
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Working...
    X