The 68th CSX Santa train on the Clinchfield

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 68th CSX Santa train on the Clinchfield

Carmon and myself made a rather hasty and last minute decision last Friday evening to head over and shoot the CSX Santa Train between Elkhorn City, Ky and Kingsport, TN. The weather had looked "iffy" all week, but the forecast for the weekend was mostly sunny for the area, but boy did they get that wrong! To be honest, if I had known that mostly sunny would equal nothing but clouds, we would have stayed home.

We left home at 0230 Saturday morning, picked up Butch in Lexington, and made the long trek to Pikeville to meet up with a couple of folks who would be our guides for the day. It had been 9 years since I had been in the area, and the expert guide was most appreciated! We got to Elkhorn City just after sunrise, and spent the rest of the day shooting the Santa train...in the clouds. Someone made the comment that devil must have had to turn up the heat, seeing as how I was out shooting CSX, but a little change is good every now and then, and atleast it DID have a pair of EMD's on it

Check the link for my shots from the trip..who knows when you might see me post something shot on CSX again!

The 68th annual CSX Santa train on the Clinchfield Photo Gallery by E.M. Bell at pbase.com

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
    Salvisa, KY

Thanks for the pictures. Last time I chased the Santa train it had the UP 3985 / CRR 676 leading!

Damn CSX you think y'all could have at least washed the damned engines or that nasty train.
    I know NS would have had at least everything nice & shiny! -They ARE good for that!
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Working...
    X