EMD's, rent-a-wrecks and bridge work on the NS Louisville District

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EMD's, rent-a-wrecks and bridge work on the NS Louisville District

I uploaded several new images taken out on the Louisville district from the past week or so. We have been spending a lot of time "down South" the past few months, and not shooting the RR in our back yard, so it was great to get back out around home a little.

The LS is still as busy as ever, and we caught some good stuff, including a few EMD's..lease power, and got to check out the ongoing work to rebuild the big bridge in Shelbyville Ky. Throw in a couple of toasted GE's and you have a good trip!

Check the link for 18 new pics from The Louisville district, taken over the past week.

NS Louisville District 2010 Photo Gallery by E.M. Bell at pbase.com

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
    Salvisa, KY

running a toasted GE is a trip in itself. I'll take the wheeziest EMD any day, if there aren't any good GE's available.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
      running a toasted GE is a trip in itself. I'll take the wheeziest EMD any day, if there aren't any good GE's available.

Wasn't there a GE that went psycho on the mountain a couple years ago? started running on engine lube and wouldn't stop, till it flew apart or what ever?
      Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
      That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

It has happened.....the one you remember, I had to get a working engine hooked to it, and m/u it without actually getting inside it. It was covered with oil ya see. So I just cut the brake pipe in, and cut the trucks out and freewheeled it into town.
        Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 11-02-2010, 08:35 AM.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

yep..bringing good things to life, keeping your local fire dept busy, plus I hear they have good heat/AC and seats.

Waddy Ky 2004..

E.M. Bell, KD4JSL
          Salvisa, KY

Comment

Working...
          X