Jubal Sackett

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jubal Sackett

Jubal Sackett is the fourth book in Louis L'Amour's Sackett series. The book for me is probably the most interesting and action packed so far in the series.

Heads west towards what would become Colorado. Based in the time of the Conquistadors, Follow along with Jubal, a son of Barnabas as urge to explorer drives him west. This book is packed with anything you could imagine for something based at the time. Everything from developing a friendship with a fellow loner, an Indian by the name of Keokotah. To a search for another group of Indians, battles with the Spanish, and the finding of Mummies! He even TAMES a BUFFALO!

If you ask me this book is very much worth the read!
    Last edited by trainman51; 11-25-2012, 02:30 PM. Reason: Needed to add the tameing of the Buffalo.
    Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
    That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Never had the stomach for westerns being part European and part Cherokee, but my Grandfather read and re read Louis L'Amour's works time and again.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
      Never had the stomach for westerns being part European and part Cherokee, but my Grandfather read and re read Louis L'Amour's works time and again.
      So far as I have read in L'Amour's books the Cherokee are the friendly's the trouble are the Seneca and Apache. But I do understand what you are saying.

I know you are not a big fiction fan, but you may find 'Sackett's Land' the first of the series, a good read. It is about Barnabas Sackett, Jubal's father, as he leaves the British Isles (on the run from the law) is captured by a pirate and then comes to America and settles in what is now the Carolinas.

1/20/17

Comment

I might could read that one, pirates and all.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
          I might could read that one, pirates and all.
          Sackett's Land, To the Far Blue Mountains, and The Warrior's Path all have pirates to some degree. But Sackett's land has the most.

1/20/17

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51 View Post
            Jubal Sackett is the fourth book in Louis L'Amour's Sackett series. The book for me is probably the most interesting and action packed so far in the series.

Heads west towards what would become Colorado. Based in the time of the Conquistadors, Follow along with Jubal, a son of Barnabas as urge to explorer drives him west. This book is packed with anything you could imagine for something based at the time. Everything from developing a friendship with a fellow loner, an Indian by the name of Keokotah. To a search for another group of Indians, battles with the Spanish, and the finding of Mummies! He even TAMES a BUFFALO!

If you ask me this book is very much worth the read!
            Just wanted to say I used to read Louis L'Amour about 30 years ago. Some of the best books I have read. I still have them stored away. I want to reread them sometime again. thanks for the reminder.

Comment

Working...
            X