Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops

For baby Jesus's birthday I got a new book Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops. Author(s): Larry K. Neal Jr., Jim Wrinn by Arcadia Publishing. 128 pages white & black.

It is a really interesting book about the place and more importantly the people who worked their. and I recognied a lot of the family names in railroading that are still around today. I worked with some of these peoples brothers and sons -families that have had generations of railroaders. Really good book I really enjoyed reading it & looking at the old pictures.

I cant post a link yet cause I dont have the right number of posts yet.

I seen on their website Arcaida has over 235 railroad books and more on the way. they also has over 7,500 local & regional history titles.

I have several of their books (a couple on the Southern Railway, one on the RRs of North Carolina) Building the Blue Ridge Parkway & others. I like this series of books and havent been disappointed yet with one I owned.

You might want to check out Arcadia to see if they have something of interest to you. My guess is they do.
    Last edited by LarryD; 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM.
    "Not the best, but one of the best!"
    all postings by this larryd is fictional public information and should not be construed to represent the positions views or thoughts of any particular company or person it bullish!t I has to use a disclaimer

Originally posted by LarryD View Post
    For baby Jesus's birthday I got a new book Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops. Author(s): Larry K. Neal Jr., Jim Wrinn by Arcadia Publishing. 128 pages white & black.

It is a really interesting book about the place and more importantly the people who worked their. and I recognied a lot of the family names in railroading that are still around today. I worked with some of these peoples brothers and sons -families that have had generations of railroaders. Really good book I really enjoyed reading it & looking at the old pictures.

I cant post a link yet cause I dont have the right number of posts yet.

I seen on their website Arcaida has over 235 railroad books and more on the way. they also has over 7,500 local & regional history titles.

I have several of their books (a couple on the Southern Railway, one on the RRs of North Carolina) Building the Blue Ridge Parkway & others. I like this series of books and havent been disappointed yet with one I owned.

You might want to check out Arcadia to see if they have something of interest to you. My guess is they do.
    Books about Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops - Historical Photos & Images of Southern Railway's Historic Spencer Shops - Arcadia Publishing
    Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
    That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

Working...
    X