Free E Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free E Books

I don't have an Ebook reader, so this is more of a PSA: Heard on the news the other day that Amazon recently added a lot of free E books to their site. The list is expected to grow.

Free eBooks: Collections
    Free classics and out-of-copyright, pre-1923 books
    Apparently, there are 15,982 Titles for free now!
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Also any book with that is in epub format can be sideloaded to your Nook. Sideloading is nothing more than copying the book to your sd card while the nook is plugged into your computer. You could also download them directly if you find them using your nook's browser. I found a genuine US Army M16 manual in epub format just by googling for it. You don't have to limit your search to Amazon or B&N. I suppose the Kindle can take sideloads too but I do not know this.
    Last edited by jonnyseeandoh; 12-10-2011, 10:45 AM.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

There are some Libraries' that offer ebooks online. But I haven't stumbled upon them as of yet.
      Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
      That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

Amazon also has a library under Amazon Prime that you can borrow once a month.
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

enemies foreign and domestic is free for alittle time on kindle, you can also download it to a computer with a free app from amazon.
          this book foreshadows fast and furious (g-man abuses)

Amazon.com: Enemies Foreign And Domestic (The Enemies Trilogy) eBook: Matthew Bracken: Kindle Store
          Je ne suis pas Charlie; Je suis armé!

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51
            There are some Libraries' that offer ebooks online. But I haven't stumbled upon them as of yet.
            You can also download some audio books from the library.
            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Do they self destruct after two weeks?
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
                Do they self destruct after two weeks?
                Actually yes. I listened to a few... 1864 and one about the plot to kill hitler. My mind is s little fuzzy, but they could live on a player, but...... I don't remember the details.

Short answer yes, they erased themselves.
                All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I've been reading quite a few of these Amazon free books for awhile now and I'm starting to see why some of this stuff is free. The classic and out of copyright pre 1923 books are pretty good, but most of the newer free stuff tends to be just awful. I would say it's only about one out of ten that I can finish. It seems a lot of this free stuff comes from new authors that don't have editors to look over their work. I find that these books tend to be so full of typos and factual errors that they are unreadable.

However, the one in ten that are readable tend to be really good. In fact they are normal published books that Amazon just randomly gives away. You've got to check every other day for these freebies because they change often. I just got one the other day for free that is now listed at $9.34! Not bad and you can apparently keep these free books indefinitely.

Comment

Working...
                  X