Louis L'Amour-Westerns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Louis L'Amour-Westerns

So Dad has a slew of Louis L'Amour books over one hundred, and L'Amour only wrote 115 so Dad's close to having them all. But he has read all the westerns. i recently started reading Sackett. It seems like a GREAT Book! Have any of you guys read any of his books? What do you think?
    Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
    That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Grandfather read all of them......prefer mostly non-fiction myself. The odd mystery or thriller is great too.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I tried one years ago, wasn't my fav book.

I prefer non-fiction, especially Military history
      Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51
        So Dad has a slew of Louis L'Amour books over one hundred, and L'Amour only wrote 115 so Dad's close to having them all. But he has read all the westerns. i recently started reading Sackett. It seems like a GREAT Book! Have any of you guys read any of his books? What do you think?
        I have read a lot of his books and they're great. Definitely worth the read. I can't pin down any one book but I've enjoyed many.
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Currently reading Sackett's Land (first of a 40 some book series) and its a Damn good book. I can't put it down!
          Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
          That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

Working...
          X