Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Book Store (moved from General Discussion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I'm currently reading Game of Thrones and I'm on the third book with two more to go. I didn't really start reading until I sat down and watched the whole season 1 on HBO. Season 1 is basically identical to the first book down to the word.
    There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

    Comment


    • #47
      Stretcher

      As some of you know, I recently published a story about a Bigfoot that gets wounded and goes a little crazy. I found writing it very easy since it seemed to flow out of my head and I could barely keep up with my thoughts. It starts off very simple as we follow a clan of Bigfoot through some hardship, then dives into murder, government coverups, Area 51 and a bunch of other stuff that will have you wanting to see what happens on the next page. Anyway...here is the link. If you like adventure, action, drama and a little bit of science fiction, I believe you'll like this story. This Bigfoot that goes crazy doesn't tear out peoples throats, he simply grabs them by the head and 'stretches' them. Pretty gruesome really. Oh...there are no pictures. Hehe. Thanks.
      http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/1450791735
      Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

      Comment


      • #48
        I can vouch for the above...very good read...soooo.....who are you going to sell film rights to? Or maybe you could do your own treatment!
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by MidwestRail
          one more thing to keep a damn battery charger around for, get a headache looking at it for too long. hell, i'll keep my paper books. i can't keep up with this damned technology
          I think the Kindle stays charged for well over a month with daily use. They are under $100 now as well. I don't have one, but bought my parents one as a gift the other day. It was actually a lot more slick than I thought it would be. The screen is amazing for reading purposes. You can easily read it during high noon in the sun. I wouldn't mind getting one myself.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Steezus

            I think the Kindle stays charged for well over a month with daily use. They are under $100 now as well. I don't have one, but bought my parents one as a gift the other day. It was actually a lot more slick than I thought it would be. The screen is amazing for reading purposes. You can easily read it during high noon in the sun. I wouldn't mind getting one myself.
            I love my Kindle. They just dropped the price down to $79. Now they also have the Kindle Fire. Battery life is about 8 hours probably not glare free but it is promising.

            http://www.amazon.com/?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1
            There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
              I can vouch for the above...very good read...soooo.....who are you going to sell film rights to? Or maybe you could do your own treatment!
              Johnny, first someone has to take notice, and that's kinda like being struck by lightning while being attacked by a shark durring an avalanche wearing a bikini. The odds are just that slim. I could probably do a storyboard or a treatment, but as I have learned watching the Casca series move towards hollywood, (first published in 1979), it takes a long time, and even then they want their own writers etc. If I knew what tomorrow brings I certainly wouldn't be a railroader. Thanks for the shout out and who knows, maybe it will see the big screen...just not in my lifetime. I thank you very much Johnny for the review on Amazon.com, it was and is greatly appreciated.
              Last edited by Popeye; 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM.
              Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

              Comment


              • #52
                You wear a bikini?

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by rrbob View Post
                  You wear a bikini?
                  I'll never tell.
                  Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    If any one of you are interested, I have scheduled a book signing in the Hastings at Stillwater Ok on the 29th of this month, and one at the Hastings in Denton, Tx., for the 19th of November. I am trying to branch out just a bit. I'd like to hit other major towns in other states early next year, and am open to suggestions.
                    Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      I was in the cab on the 10th of this month. I had my kindle with me in the backseat. Sat it down in between myself and the other guy sharing the backseat who happens to be built like a linebacker. He put his hand down on my kindle unbeknownst to me and shifted around. We both heard the pop and we both looked at each other. LOL. Yes it killed my kindle. Nothing visibly at all wrong just would not open up so I could read. I was not pissed or anything because I have read that Amazon customer service was excellent. Before I even got out of the cab I had Amazon customer support on the line. They answered very quickly and I told them my problem. I tried a few troubleshooting methods they offered when I got home. That didn't work so I called them again and informed them that I was still having issues. 5 minutes into the call the gal says she has overnighted a new kindle. I received it on the 12th. Less then 48 hours from the time I called and it came along with a pre addressed mailing label to send the broken one back.

                      Absolutely amazing customer support!!
                      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                        I was in the cab on the 10th of this month. I had my kindle with me in the backseat. Sat it down in between myself and the other guy sharing the backseat who happens to be built like a linebacker. He put his hand down on my kindle unbeknownst to me and shifted around. We both heard the pop and we both looked at each other. LOL. Yes it killed my kindle. Nothing visibly at all wrong just would not open up so I could read. I was not pissed or anything because I have read that Amazon customer service was excellent. Before I even got out of the cab I had Amazon customer support on the line. They answered very quickly and I told them my problem. I tried a few troubleshooting methods they offered when I got home. That didn't work so I called them again and informed them that I was still having issues. 5 minutes into the call the gal says she has overnighted a new kindle. I received it on the 12th. Less then 48 hours from the time I called and it came along with a pre addressed mailing label to send the broken one back.

                        Absolutely amazing customer support!!
                        You don't find that everyday. Glad it was corrected.
                        Karl Marx - "FOR THE BUREAUCRAT, THE WORLD IS A MERE OBJECT TO BE MANIPULATED BY HIM"

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Hey Mods, any chance you can move this thread to the new 'The Book Club' section?
                          Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
                          That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

                          Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden


                          Nothing about this is normal!

                          There is no place like 127.0.0.1

                          1/20/17

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Done, my pleasure.
                            Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Just generally, try www.gutenberg.org. They are converting books that are out of copyright. You will not find Stephen King or Tom Clancy. You will find Mark Twain, Rudyard Kipling, Herman Hesse, and more versions of the bible than you can shake a stick at. And they're all free, in most any format you want.
                              "Stupid's in the water these days
                              They're gonna drink it anyways"
                              Chris Knight

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X