Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Book Store (moved from General Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by railking View Post
    "They call me Baba Booey". A great memoir of Gary Dell'Abate, the long time producer from the Howard Stern show. If you're a Howard fan or not, I still recommend the book. Some great stories from a guy that's led a pretty crazy life.
    About 12 years ago I watched the Howard Stern show on E. I used to feel so sorry for Gary. Frankly he is an idiot for putting up with Stern's crap.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestRail View Post
      so what the hell is a e reader? what the fuck is a kindle????????
      NOOK - More than 2 million books, download wirelessly in seconds - Barnes*&*Noble

I have a nook myself, pretty much the same as a kindle.

I just got done reading "With the Old Breed" by E.B. Sledge. A very good, well written, 1st person account of the WWII Marine assaults of Pelilu and Okinawa. Awesome book. Sledge doesn't hold back either. He describes all the sights and smells of war on a very small 100 degree island. Anyone who has any doubts as to why the U.S. dropped the A-bomb needs to read this book.

Comment

An E-Book is a handheld electronic device that you can buy books from the internet to download them on the device. With a tap of the screen you change pages and books.
        "Then I’ll be all aroun’ in the dark. I’ll be ever’where—wherever you look. Wherever they’s a fight so hungry people can eat, I’ll be there. Wherever they’s a cop beatin’ up a guy, I’ll be there."-The Grapes of Wrath

Comment

one more thing to keep a damn battery charger around for, get a headache looking at it for too long. hell, i'll keep my paper books. i can't keep up with this damned technology
          "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestRail View Post
            so what the hell is a e reader? what the fuck is a kindle????????
            Well, let's start at the beginning, do you know what a computer is?

Comment

Originally posted by rrbob View Post
              Well, let's start at the beginning, do you know what a computer is?

yeppp
              "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

I read playgirl a lot...........just for the articles......

Comment

And we are supposed to believe that?
                  sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by vavster View Post
                    I read playgirl a lot...........just for the articles......
                    Then maybe you will recognize one of our Mods who posed in Playgirl a few years back under the name Mike Honcho.
                    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Why yes, he was the one who liked bubble baths and Rob Synder.

Comment

Just got through reading, The Wreck of the Old 97 by Larry Aaron. In Sept. 1903, The Southern Railways fast mail train, the 97, went off the rails at Stillhouse Trestle near North Danville Virginia. Engineer Joseph (Steve) Broady and 8 others were killed. I enjoyed reading it, it's a quick read at 157 pages with numerous old photos.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Wreck-Old-97-VA/dp/1596298766]Amazon.com: The Wreck of the Old 97 (VA) (9781596298767): Larry G. Aaron: Books[/ame]
                        "A guy can't just sit around." Lawnchair Larry

Comment

I have seen said bridge, or at least it's replacement, and the gully into which the train fell. Would not have been a fun ride down I assure you.
                          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

If you like mysteries with bit of humour, and using current events as building blocks may I recommend Carl Hiaasen. Currently reading "Skinny Dip" which is a murder mystery with an intriguing twist.

Comment

For the war buffs out there.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Battle-Cry-Freedom-Oxford-History/dp/019516895X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1316218951&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Battle Cry of Freedom: The Civil War Era (Oxford History of the United States) (9780195168952): James M. McPherson: Books[/ame]

Very good, and long (over 900 pages), book about the civil war. Everything that lead to the secession, the politics involved in the war, and the soldiers who fought it. I recommend it to anyone who wants a good overview of the war.

At some point I would like to tackle Shelby Foote's 3 novels, as I hear that's about detailed as a book can get.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing

Then maybe you will recognize one of our Mods who posed in Playgirl a few years back under the name Mike Honcho.
                                I spread my butt cheeks.
                                There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Working...
                                X