laptop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laptop

Ok, so they shoved a new phone down my throat this summer, not bad. But I need a laptop.
    I want internet, Microsoft Word and on the cheaper side. Not cheap but not top of the l8ne.

So,,,,

Brand?
    Model?
    Price?
    "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

I can't think of a laptop produced today that won't do what you listed. So, here are a few other questions to narrow the search down:
    • Do you plan on doing anything that might require graphics rendering like games?
    • How much hard drive space do you think you'll need? More than 60 GB? Take a look at your current computer as a starting point.
    • Do you need an optical drive? Some laptops don't even have them anymore.

Just some ideas to start off with. You could probably find something for $200-$300 if the answer to all of the above is "no".

Comment

No to all 3. No games, ability to email and access internet is all that's needed.
      "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

Acer Black 15.6" Aspire E1-532-2616 Laptop PC with Intel Celeron 2957U Dual-Core Processor, 4GB Memory, 500GB Hard Drive and Windows 7 Home Premium - Walmart.com

That would be a good one, problem is most all new ones are windoze 8.1 now, hard to find windoze 7 anymore, and I say piss be upon windoze 8.1, just my Nebraska inspired opinion Midwest.
        Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Buy Dell Inspiron 15 i15547-5033sLV Signature Edition Laptop - Microsoft Store

15.6in LED touchscreen(1366 x 768), Intel Core i5-4210U, 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz, 1TB HDD, Windows 8.1, 64-bit - $399, but out of stock

Just go to slickdeals.net and look for laptops that pop up on the front page. There are plenty of people there to tell you if it's a good deal or not. Definitely keep an eye out tomorrow since it's Cyber Monday.

Also, skip the Office 365 subscription BS and get it through the work discount program, if you haven't already.
          Last edited by TinLizard; 11-30-2014, 09:33 PM.

Comment

As far as brands go I'd stay away from Toshiba and Lenovo...don't trust them myself. Dell, HP, Acer are okay. And if windows 8's counterintuitive interface bothers you then you can probably still find some older models with 7 on them. If not you might be able to buy a copy of the 7 install CD somewhere but you'll have to do some searching.

Comment

Buy a mac.
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Windows 7 Laptops for Sale | Best Notebook & Laptop Computers | Staples

I got a couple refurbished ones and had decent luck with them. But most of these should be a fit for your needs.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                  Buy a mac.
                  Best move I ever made.

On that note Midwest, I assume you're BNSF. You can purchase Microsoft office via Perkspot for $9.99. If not, I'm sure the other carriers have something similar.
                  People with rubber pockets will steal soup!

Comment

Y'all have to keep it simple & remember Midwest isn't very tech savvy, hell, he still has a rotary dial cell phone. Fortunately, I found two lap tops that are just right for him....

Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

I'm getting a Samsung Tablet.
                      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Samsungs are the cream of the crop here lately.
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Normally I'd wouldn't question that, but quite honestly the new Samsung HE clothes washer I just finished paying for... SUCKS balls !
                          Wifey finally did a load, and found the same problems. If their laptops are anything like their new washers, you're gonna have to type everything twice, and every link clicked will take longer to load.

Comment

I've never had one, but I think you may be a prime candidate for a google chromebook.

They're relatively inexpensive, and seems like they're designed for what you want.
                            ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Chromebook can't run Citrix Receiver. You can get the app but it doesn't work anymore. Not sure who's at fault Google or Citrix or both.

Comment

Working...
                              X