weird internet explorer issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird internet explorer issue

i have an IE issue that only happens under my profile. when my wife logs in under her profile, there is no issue. Here is what is happening: the web page loads up, so i roll the wheel on my mouse to scroll down. instead of the page scrolling, it STRETCHES--all the print and pictures stretch out like it was printed on a balloon and i add air to the balloon. i can attach a pic of what the screen looks like when this happens, if that would help.

Internet Explorer 9 in case that matters
    Last edited by Black Rifle; 10-28-2013, 05:15 PM. Reason: added info
    Je ne suis pas Charlie; Je suis armé!

I use a mac so it might be different, but is there a mouse profile settings with windows? With mac it would be system preferences-mouse- settings. Has to be something like that with windows too. Sounds like you have different mice profile set up with each user. Thats why it's not doing it with her?

Comment

Are referring to your YL profile or just IE in general and have you tried Firefox?

Comment

Originally posted by BOK View Post
        Are referring to your YL profile or just IE in general and have you tried Firefox?
        IE in general. I use firefox most times and have no issues, EXCEPT I can only get the emulator to work with IE. And now it is just a matter of principle to find out why it just does it when I'm logged in but it doesn't for my wife.

Comment

Look in your control panel > mouse
          Check the settings on all the tabs.
          You're looking for something like behavior / mouse wheel settings / behavior.

Also, if you have some fancy mouse with programmable buttons, there may be some software running from the vendor where this behavior is set to make the scroll wheel act like that.
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

When I try to scoll the page stretches instead of scrolling - Microsoft Community

Looks like there are a couple of fixes discussed here. Apparently, you're not alone. The last one I read may be more your issue since it is happening under one profile and not the other. You may have an add-on that is having issues. I'm thinking one you have that she does not. Just a thought.
            All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

this SOLVED it:
              "The most likely cause of this would be IE9 trying to offload processing onto your video card's GPU. You can avoid that happening by using a compatibility option
              Use software rendering instead of GPU rendering*
              *Takes effect after you restart Internet Explorer
              (in Options, Advanced tab, Accelerated graphics section -- at the top of the tab)
              FYI
              Robert Aldwinckle"

THANKS TO ALL for suggestions.
              and ESPECIALLY to BOK for the microsoft link. i'd searched there before but the results i got were so scattered i couldn't find the issue.

Comment

I'm just glad you got it fixed.
                All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

The only reason for Internet Explorer is to download a browser you want. Then delete IE.
                  "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

Working...
                  X