• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PSA: Certain Iphone Ipad apps free this week

Apple takes popular iOS apps free as App Store 5th anniversary approaches
    Monday, July 08, 2013, 02:49 am
    By AppleInsider Staff

Update: Apple has confirmed the free games and apps are indeeed in celebration of the App Store's fifth anniversary, and has subsequently collected the gratis titles in dedicated section that can be found in the iOS app. Also included on the new App Store page is an interactive milestone timeline showing pertinent events in the store's history.

First spotted by The Verge early Monday, an unknown number of iOS apps are now free to download for both the iPhone and iPad, with titles spanning across genres and price ranges.

Games like Badland, Infinity Blade II, Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP, Tiny Wings, and Where's My Water? are all complimentary, while other apps include Barefoot World Atlas, Day One, Over, and Traktor DJ for iPad. With the price slashing, users can save anywhere from $0.99 to $19.99.

The company sent out a poster last week detailing a timeline of major App Store milestones, including explosive growth that saw 1 billion downloads in 2009, 10 billion in 2011, and 50 billion this past May. Apple also noted that the store has generated more than $10 billion for app developers to date.
    Last edited by nsrlink; 07-09-2013, 01:13 AM.
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

The Best Free Apps in Apple's App Store Anniversary Fire Sale
    gizmodo.com

There have been plenty of App Store sales before, some of them quite extensive. But Apple's never offered discounts of this magnitude before. Some of the best—and most expensive—games and apps you can find on iOS are free today, presumably in honor of the App Store's five-year anniversary. Here are the ones you need to download first.

All of the following apps are normally at least a few bucks, and some—like Traktor DJ—are as much as $20. We'll keep updating if more apps join the ranks of the free, but for now, happy clicking:

Games

Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery (was $5)

Infinity Blade II (was $7)

Badland (was $4)

Tiny Wings HD (was $3)

Apps

Traktor DJ HD (was $20)

How to Cook Everything (was $10)

Barefoot World Atlas (was $5)

Day One (was $5)

Over (was $2)
    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

I still don't know what a god damned "app" is...
      "There's a vacancy in your ass and my foot is looking for a room"

sigpic

Comment

here's a pic of old reliable.
        I took a pic of it with another cell phone and emailed it too myself. Pretty sharp for a guy like me........
        Attached Files

sigpic

Comment

those were the cats ass!!!!!!! Me too!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestRail View Post
            here's a pic of old reliable.
            I took a pic of it with another cell phone and emailed it too myself. Pretty sharp for a guy like me........
            Looks like a certain Hinckley conductors phone....
            sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
            ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Working...
            X