Steam Engine Computer Case

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam Engine Computer Case

A little something I came across today that you steam guys may like. I've got a couple of Lian-Li cases and they are usually top-notch. The premium versions of this have more track pieces and is movable on the track, and the limited includes the atomizer for the smoke.

Lian Li Industrial Co., Ltd.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWQuikLXyyU"]PC-CK101-1B Stop-motion - YouTube[/nomedia]

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2X281ghvh9U"]Lian Li PC-CK101 train chassis @Computax 2012 by chinese.VR-Zone.com - YouTube[/nomedia]

Foamer or not... that's pretty damn cool!

Comment

It looks like performance-pcs.com has one in stock at $229.95 and frozencpu.com shows in stock at $219.99. I've ordered stuff from both places before.
      Last edited by TinLizard; 02-23-2013, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Looks Like I may have to get one and set it aside for a later date!
        Last edited by trainman51; 02-24-2013, 08:50 AM.
        Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
        That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Comment

A lot smaller than I would have expected.
          Once wired up, if it smokes, is that intended for the case or indicative of something wrong inside?

Nice wooden tool box, that's handsome!
          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh
            OH, and as to size it is for the mini itx type mobos. They are tiny. I'm getting one with built in wifi, usb 3.0, sata III and I am going to put Intel I3 cpu in. Just 2 cores, since this is a 300 watt system, so I want to make it low power. Will have solid state hard drive. Going to run PC-BSD.
            Gigabyte has a board with Built in Wireless-N and dual Gigabit NICs!!! Something like 6 USB ports (several USB 3.0)and its capable of 16GB RAM.

1/20/17

Comment

OH, and as to size it is for the mini itx type mobos. They are tiny. I'm getting one with built in wifi, usb 3.0, sata III and I am going to put Intel I3 cpu in. Just 2 cores, since this is a 300 watt system, so I want to make it low power. Will have solid state hard drive. Going to run PC-BSD.
              I've got an i5 3570k on an Asrock z77e-itx that idles at around 20W and about 75W fully loaded (running Intel burn test + Furmark) measured at the wall on a KillaWatt. That's using the onboard video of course. 300 watts is plenty for almost any desktop until you start adding high end video cards or crazy overclocks.

Going with a Zotac H67ITX
              What made you go with that? At that price point I'd have gone with the Asrock Z77e-itx. The only things that Zotac has going for it is the Intel network chipset, 6 SATA ports, and is the only m-itx board to have both 6 sata ports + built in wifi together. Gigabyte's boards look good too, and they're cheaper.

Plus, it's Zotac. Ew. I'm kind of an Asus snob though.

Comment

Where on earth did you get the Android guy in the background? I got lucky and found a girl that is a Android freak and fellow nerd. She has a birthday in a week so.... yeah I'm thinking gift.

1/20/17

Comment

It's a speaker. Get them at Barnes and Noble. Charges in your USB port. Can carry with you to to play music on your smartphone.
                  COOL! So tell me this, where did you order the case from? I am seriously going to get one too...

1/20/17

Comment

I got one too!
                    Attached Files

1/20/17

Comment

Looking at the Gigabyte board, but will have to check to see it it is slimsata. My main problem is an OS... I want something 'different' I wish one could purchase or download Google's OS what is it? Chrome? Oh and I wish I could find the traction kit as well as the smoke kit too...

1/20/17

Comment

If you want different try a Hackintosh, but Apple will kill you if they find out. Chrome OS is tablet oriented and very much cloud dependent. May not be very satisfying, but worth a spin around the block I guess. If you want to try a Windoze clone that is open source, there is ReactOS. Oh, and did I mention Linux? About a million different flavors!

The smoke and traction kit, I think is actually a separate model.
                        I have several Windoze ONLY programs (no I don't like the fact that it is so but I have learned to deal with it...) so I think I will go with ReactOS. I really like Linux but want someing off the beaten path even from that.

1/20/17

Comment

Well, Zotac board took a dive after six months continuous running. Gonna replace it with a Giagbyte model. Hope it didn't toast the CPU. I don't think so but.......
                          Wow, that thing was a turd if it only lasted 6 months. I've still got P3 orig. processor & boards running in some of my stuff. I've had good luck with ASUS stuff. I suppose that cute little case has enough air flow in it?? :thinking:
                          Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Well, I got it fired back up. Long boot sequence.....maybe I should tinker with the BIOS. Still might just put a new mobo in.
                            Gigabyte is the way to go!

1/20/17

Comment

Working...
                            X