Mac Users: BNSF Emulator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mac os and the new emulator

how to you get the java emulator to work on a mac? I've tried it on firefox and safari and can't get it to work
    I am Awesome-O!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dbord_n View Post
      how to you get the java emulator to work on a mac? I've tried it on firefox and safari and can't get it to work
      It doesn't work on Firefox anymore. It works fine on Safari. Just ensure you have the latest Java download AND make sure your pop up block is disabled for BNSF.

It should pop up a box that say "Allow" or "Allow and proceed" or something like that. Click it and you should be on your way.
      "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

I have all that. The second window pops up but the actual emulator window will not. Both MacBook and Java are up to date. it does the same thing on both Firefox and Safari it pops up the little window to run the emulator but it never shows the emulator.
        Last edited by dbord_n; 03-22-2015, 05:39 PM.
        I am Awesome-O!!!

Comment

It won't run on Firefox so I'm not sure what the problem is with Safari. Does the pop up box look yellow? Does it say it required to leave that open to see the emulator? You could also be using an old link. Did you try through the BNsf site?
          "I HAVE MADE MY FINAL POST ON THIS FORUM. MY THANKS TO A FEW WHO HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFULL, HOWEVER I AM NOT GOING TO WASTE MY VALUABLE REST, READING AND RESPONDING TO "US vs THEM" VITRIOLIC PEOPLE."

Comment

ok i got it figured out. the java program had java itself turned off to run in the web browser. turned it on and it works now. thanks!!!
            I am Awesome-O!!!

Comment

well updated my java yesterday and now i can get on the emulator through the main app, any suggestions? hate using the apple app on the right side of the emulator screen.
              I am Awesome-O!!!

Comment

Me too. No idea. I have tried everything.

Comment

Many browsers are starting to end support for the NPAPI type plugins except for Adobe Flash. Java is also deprecating their browser plugin but i thought that was not supposed to happen until version 9. For Firefox there is a separate ESR (extended support release) that still supports NPAPI plugins. Say goodbye to java webconnect very soon. There is also a .NET version of webconnect if they ever choose to enable that. My fear is that they try to make everyone use the mobility "app". blech

Comment

So much for real time train lineups if we go to the webapp

Comment

Working...
                    X