inexpensive video camera

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inexpensive video camera

I am looking to buy a cheap video camera, just to play with, any suggestions?
    Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

JVC usually has pretty good prices....they tend to be last weeks technology but that's where your discounts come from. A hard drive cam holds more stuff than say an SD card cam, but is a bit more expensive.
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

GE DV1-GG Waterproof/Shockproof 1080P Pocket Video Camera:

$86.99 on Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Active-DV1-AB-Optical-Zoom-Screen/dp/B004EWGSWO/ref=zg_bsnr_2260297011_2"]Amazon.com: GE DV1-GG Waterproof/Shockproof 1080P Pocket Video Camera: Camera & Photo[/ame]

Flip UltraHD Video Camera:

$156.47 via Amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040702HA/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lp o-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B001P3P3QW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX 0DER&pf_rd_r=13144Z3ZZYFBSJ8K2HER"]Amazon.com: Flip UltraHD Video Camera - 2 Hours (3rd Generation) NEWEST MODEL: Camera & Photo[/ame]
      Last edited by Linebacker71; 01-07-2012, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater
        I am looking to buy a cheap video camera, just to play with, any suggestions?
        Do you have an iPhone or Android? That's all you need. If not maybe one of those Flip HD video cams.
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

A video cam that doesn't hold like a video cam....no viewfinder....is a disgrace and no one should use them as a matter of protest....you get poorly framed video and maybe jittery ones too. Get one with a viewfinder that you hold to your eye, and a real lens that zooms in and out.....some digital zoom is OK for way out there, but optical zoom renders far far better video. You don't have to get too spendy to get this good either...250 bux tops. If you get these above suggested pieces of junk it means you just don't care. For gosh sakes get an honest to good camera!
          sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Not the cheapest, but i like the Sony HDR series cameras. 1080p Carl Zeiss lens. Starting at about $250.
            "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
            Emiliano Zapata 8/8/1879 - 4/10/1919

Comment

WORD.....Zeiss lenses are cream of the crop.

Comment

I just got one of these today:
                Canon PowerShot ELPH 510 HS
                $290 from B&H; free shipping.
                Full 1080 Video, HDMI, 12 MP Camera, Image Stabilization, Dedicated movie button, etc etc etc.
                Battery is charging now, so I'll have more to report later.
                But I'm pretty excited about it!!
                Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Love Canon....but arrrgh! No viewfinder!

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                    Love Canon....but arrrgh! No viewfinder!
                    I know. I know. I have a big ass Canon DSLR & several Canon lenses already. ...That's what I use when I do "serious" photography. This is something that is geared toward more spontaneous use & its much easier to transport & have on hand for "snapshots" or quick movies. I get what you're saying about true optics & a quality lens. But this new camera didn't cost over $4,000 I have invested in my other gear either.

I thought about going the dedicated movie camera route like Jet is thinking about, but I thought I'd kill two birds with one stone with the new camera. If he just wants to shoot JetBoat footage & Windex commercials, I'd imagine this would fit the bill nicely.
                    Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                      I know. I know. I have a big ass Canon DSLR & several Canon lenses already. ....
                      Now give me your kit lens. LOL
                      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                        Now give me your kit lens. LOL
                        I'll trade you & The Queen my 28 -70mm that came with my Canon for that Canon DSLR you found in a certain dumpster.

Comment

Originally posted by nsrlink View Post
                          I'll trade you & The Queen my 28 -70mm that came with my Canon for that Canon DSLR you found in a certain dumpster.
                          I can't get to the post office. I sold my car for gas money.
                          All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Working...
                          X