Ipod touch 4th gen

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipod touch 4th gen

Obviously this family is embracing iDevices .

My mother surprised all three kids with their own 4th gen iPod touches. WTF does a 5 year old need with one? Who cares, in going to have fun and frustrate the crap out of myself playing with them.

I guess I wasn't good enough for an iPad 2.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
    Obviously this family is embracing iDevices .

My mother surprised all three kids with their own 4th gen iPod touches. WTF does a 5 year old need with one? Who cares, in going to have fun and frustrate the crap out of myself playing with them.

I guess I wasn't good enough for an iPad 2.
    That is because she is waiting to get you the Ipad 3.
    sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
    ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Now you didnt think I would be able to flawlessly set up all these devices without trouble did you? HELL NO!!! God forbid!!

My problem now is in iMessage. 2 of the 3 devices is working fantastic and messaging back and forth and with me on my iPhone. Unfortunately the 3rd device WILL NOT validate the email address I am using. I tried a different address and it does the same thing.

iMessage Activation
      An error occurred while verifying your email
      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

are you sure you are spelling the email properly?...the phone is likely pinging the email server that it thinks you are specifying and getting back a bad address message. That is certain to happen if spell wrong....remember GIGO....garbage in, garbage out. The one overarching rule of computerdom.
        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
          are you sure you are spelling the email properly?...the phone is likely pinging the email server that it thinks you are specifying and getting back a bad address message. That is certain to happen if spell wrong....remember GIGO....garbage in, garbage out. The one overarching rule of computerdom.
          double, triple and even 100 times checked. I thought that may have been it so I retype it each time to make sure my eyes are not fooling me.

The only thing I can even think of is the email account is a verified minor account. However, I tried to use one of my wife's email accounts nd got the same error. The email setting took the address just fine.

Comment

I just tested her email and it received on the iPod without issue.

Comment

This is kind of a new variation on 'assembly' of Christmas presents...drives you crazy..
              sigpic"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America 's debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the US Government cannot pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government's reckless fiscal policies. Increasing America 's debt weakens us domestically and internationally. Leadership means that, "the buck stops here.' Instead, Washington is shifting the burden of bad choices today onto the backs of our children and grandchildren. America has a debt problem and a failure of leadership. Americans deserve better."
              ~ Senator Barack H. Obama, March 2006

Comment

Well, I dont see where there is a max amount of email addresses you can use on different devices using the same itunes account, but I am guessing that is an issue. I cant even change the imessage email for my phone now.

Why is using one itunes account so damn complicated? Wouldnt it be better for apple if it were 1 family/ 1 account?

I guess tomorrow or when the hell ever I feel like messing with it, I will set up 4 brand new itunes accounts. I honestly see one hell of a mess being created. Do the people at apple not test different scenarios BEFORE they ship out new products? I cannot be the only one who sees sharing an itunes account as common sense.

Comment

Heh heh heh... got it.

The only thing I did different was register the iPod... again... when I went to apple for help. Right after I scheduled a time for them to call tomorrow I tried again and it took the email with no problem. now what am I going to talk to them about?

All working great now!!!

Comment

I can honestly say the people at Apple are very friendly and helpful.

Oddly enough, last night while me and the wife were texting back and forth, her texts were showing on my phone as coming from myself and vise versa. According to the Apple rep this is because we are both obviously using the same email address associated with our iMessaging.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
                      I can honestly say the people at Apple are very friendly and helpful.

Oddly enough, last night while me and the wife were texting back and forth, her texts were showing on my phone as coming from myself and vise versa. According to the Apple rep this is because we are both obviously using the same email address associated with our iMessaging.
                      yes, had the same issue with my wife's iPhone and son's iPod. It was remedied by changing his email address.
                      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Looking to take the plunge when ipod 5 comes out....thank goodness we each maintain our own itunes accounts.
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
                          Looking to take the plunge when ipod 5 comes out....thank goodness we each maintain our own itunes accounts.
                          I mentioned that to the Apple rep this morning. I asked him if it would be best to maintain a separate itunes account for each person in the house and his response "That sounds like a nightmare to keep up with".

Comment

Allright. Im seriously considering Iphone now that its available on sprint. Can some of you tell me about battery life? im looking for honesty not iphone hype. My EVO on an extended battery has maybe 3 full continuous hours of graphics/processor intense app capability before it needs a recharge. My main reason for wanting an Iphone is because of the 1080p video recording capability. I dont think there is an android phone with that feature. But it seems Iphone is so 2000 and late! lol.
                            "I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees"
                            Emiliano Zapata 8/8/1879 - 4/10/1919

Comment

It's bound to depend on your apps and how you use them but I hear the 4s sucks battery big time....compared to previous models and not comparing with other type phones. For full disclosure....Iphone is in the near future plans as my Verizon contract permits me maximum affordability.

Comment

Working...
                              X