Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a fairly easy way to create animated GIFs?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a fairly easy way to create animated GIFs?

Has anyone here made animated gifs?

I have tried following some step by steps using GIMP but I'm not even able to find the animation package for the newest version.

I'm trying to use a short video clip.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

OK, turns out the latest version of GIMP comes with the video package.

I am still not doing something correctly. It is sideways AND saving each individual frame.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

gifninja seems to create a usable GIF, but how the hell do I use the damn thing?

How do I now resize it? I cant even post it here. No idea how.

Comment

Wish I knew, I got plenty of ideas just not tech smart.
        She offered her honor, so I honored her offer...so all night long I was on her and off her.

Comment

I give up for tonight....... Time for work.

Comment

Never actually tried it but I'll give it a shot when I get time.
            There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

By the way, I love GIMP.

GIMP - The GNU Image Manipulation Program

There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

I gotta try this, will be the ultimate windex GIF...
                Only 511 ft lbs of Tq and only 1100 degrees EGT, damn, I need more fuel...

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho
                  By the way, I love GIMP.

For a free program it seems to be packed with goodies. I have sat down with it several times to learn some tricks but tend to get frustrated and I never seem to have enough time.

Comment

Originally posted by jetboater
                    I gotta try this, will be the ultimate windex GIF...
                    I was thinking of a beer pong victory dance.

Comment

Gimp is great...but the help files and man pages seem to be written by a software engineer....still if you know something of Photoshop you ought to be able navigate through Gimp.
                      sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

I use this one by Ulead, makers of PhotoImpact. Ulead / PhotoImpact is pretty robust with the tools & features, but you don't need a PHD to use it like with any Adobe Product; it is pretty intuitive.

Ulead GIF Animator - CNet Free software downloads and software

Disclaimer: I didn't bother to see if there is a free or trial version I linked to. (I have the whole suite.) There is a hack to use it for free out there though.
                        Standard lengthy disclaimer / warning / terms of use: All postings by "NSRLink" are fictional, public information, for entertainment purposes only, should never be taken seriously, and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, ideas, or thoughts of any railroad carrier, person, entity, organization, or otherwise. By reading anything posted or associated with the user ID, "NSRLink," any entity agrees they shall not be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar. Parties or entities not agreeable to these "terms of use" are hereby required to block this profile "NSRLink" and agree to not read or view posts so they will no longer be offended, harmed, sad, defamed, inflamed, upset, mad, harassed, have their feelings hurt, or similar in any manner, and may do so via UserCP "Edit ignore List" & adding "NSRLink" to the list. Thank you & good day to you.

Comment

Working...
                        X