I just ordered a XOOM

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just ordered a XOOM

So I just finished clicking process order, for a small splurge, in the form of a Motorola XOOM tablet. I hear they are sweet, and I can't wait for it to arrive! AND it is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich! :woot:
    Thick as Valve oil, Black, White, and Tuscan Red
    That's how thick the Railroadin' in my blood is!

Ich sehne mich wieder Meister der Iron Horse werden

Nothing about this is normal!

There is no place like 127.0.0.1

1/20/17

Doood......!!!!
    sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Tablet upgradable to ice cream sandwich? Shoot, I upgraded my dinner plate to a strawberry milkshake.

Seriously......... huh?
      All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51
        So I just finished clicking process order, for a small splurge, in the form of a Motorola XOOM tablet. I hear they are sweet, and I can't wait for it to arrive! AND it is upgradeable to Ice Cream Sandwich! :woot:
        Cool!
        There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyseeandoh View Post
          Doood......!!!!
          Jonny, Once the holidays are over. We will have to set up a meet so you can fiddle with it

1/20/17

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
            Tablet upgradable to ice cream sandwich? Shoot, I upgraded my dinner plate to a strawberry milkshake.

Seriously......... huh?
            Ice Cream Sandwich is is also known as Android 4.0. It comes from the store with Honeycomb which is Android 3.1

Android Tablet - Buy Your XOOM Tablet Today - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA

1/20/17

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51

Ice Cream Sandwich is is also known as Android 4.0. It comes from the store with Honeycomb which is Android 3.1

Android Tablet - Buy Your XOOM Tablet Today - Overview - Motorola Mobility, Inc. USA
              Ah, ok. Thanks.
              All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Grats on the purchase.

Comment

Just thought of something... What is the Railroads took all their Locomotives and swiched from Windoze, to Android??? I guess they would say 'Well you got an Ice Cream Sandwich tonight'

1/20/17

Comment

Originally posted by trainman51 View Post
                    Just thought of something... What is the Railroads took all their Locomotives and swiched from Windoze, to Android??? I guess they would say 'Well you got an Ice Cream Sandwich tonight'
                    They would probably rename their loco distros something more appropriate like; "Dirty Sanchez", Cleveland Steamer"....... You get the idea.

Comment

Stock XOOM was, Android Honeycomb 3.2.1 build HTK75D

It Now:

Has been Unlocked (same as the unlocking instruction in the Unlock step of below link)
                      [How To] Root the Wifi-Only Xoom (3.0.1)

Has had ClockworkMod Recovery 3.2.0.0 (R4c) flashed (using fastboot method in below link)
                      [Recovery] ClockworkMod 3.2.0.0 (R4c) Modded for Internal media [UPDATED 10/6] - xda-developers

Has been rooted with, Stock Rooted HTK75 kernel:
                      I used the MZ 604 US Wi-Fi only method as that was the XOOM I have.
                      [UPDATE][US WIFI ONLY]Android 3.2.1 on Xoom Wi-Fi, Root, via ClockworkMod Recovery - xda-developers

Here is a Universal Rooting method:
                      [Root] Universal Xoom Root - ANY XOOM ANY UPDATE

Has Ad Hoc network Support enabled:
                      Enable Ad hoc Network Support On Motorola Xoom Honeycomb Tablet

Side note not necessarily related to XOOM. My Droid 1 unrooted its self after updating to Android 2.2.3. So I had to download a new (to me) one click root program for it go through the Unroot process (just to be sure) and reroot to allow 'Wifi teather' to work.

Since I did the Ad Hoc hack on the XOOM I can now use the XOOM anywhere, thanks to the wifi tether on the phone!

1/20/17

Comment

You'll be a linux expert any day now!
                        sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

So how do you like it.
                          There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                            So how do you like it.
                            Short Answer: I Love it!

Long answer will come in the morning...

Sent on my XOOM

1/20/17

Comment

I got an Asus Transformer myself to replace my laptop in my grip...

I love it. Android tablets are the way to go.
                              ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Working...
                              X