iPhone 5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone 5

Well got damn, they keep them coming dont they.
    iPhone 5 rumors: what to expect - Technology & science - Wireless - msnbc.com

I guess you just can't keep making money if you throw all your capabity in the first couple of releases. Gotta keep the masses coming back to spend more.

I just love to be slow fed stuff that could just easily Been given to me much sooner and many hundreds of dollars before now.
    All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

I just love to be slow fed stuff that could just easily Been given to me much sooner and many hundreds of dollars before now.[/QUOTE]

I know. The sad part is that I am due a upgrade in December and if it holds true, imma get one.

Comment

iPhone 5

Release it already. At least put out some info we can use.

Hell, I even read one rumor that says Apple is holding out to see if ATT or Verizon is going to have enough 4G towers up to make 4g worth putting on the iPhone.

Another says the demand for the iPhone 4 is still so high that they are holding back. (I might believe this one)

I'm afraid all this wait will be disappointing and nothing that I would want or understand will be there.
        All postings by BadOrderKing are public information, works of fiction, sometimes resembling the rants of a madman and in no way should be construed to represent the positions, views, or thoughts of any particular railroad carrier. No one listens to him anyway.

Comment

Mr Jobs,

The most useful feature you can add to the iPhone 5 would be making the charger chord about a foot longer. The current chord is just long enough to appear useful while charging and really too long to charge in a tight spot.

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing View Post
            Mr Jobs,

The most useful feature you can add to the iPhone 5 would be making the charger chord about a foot longer. The current chord is just long enough to appear useful while charging and really too long to charge in a tight spot.
            I bought this instead. You can get it at walmart for $24.98. Probably cheaper elsewhere with a little web searching. The cable is thick and is 10 ft long.

Griffin USB to Apple Dock Connector Extension Cable for iPad, iPhone, or iPod - Apple Store (U.S.)
            There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

It was always rumoured that the very first TV that they designed for the buying public actually had every feature you would ever need, including, color, and remote control...but they held back, so they would have something to sell later on down the road......
              sigpic ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ "Come and get them" Leonidas I to Xerxes, at Battle of Thermopylae

Comment

Hell, I even read one rumor that says Apple is holding out to see if ATT or Verizon is going to have enough 4G towers up to make 4g worth putting on the iPhone.

Nothing more than conjecture.

Steve Jobs doesn't think you need 4G yet (And he cant figure out how to make an iPhone battery last on 4G), so you won't be getting it on the iPhone 5. That iOS walledgarden is really nice I hear... I refuse to take part in it. Do you people like being told what you want by Apple?

This is a moot point since roughly one third of all iOS Users think they already have "4g" thus showing that the vast majority of people have literally no idea what 4g is.

And on top of that, there isn't one network being deployed that is actually 4g, their marketing departments just really like that buzz word.
                ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by Abrasive

Nothing more than conjecture.

Steve Jobs doesn't think you need 4G yet (And he cant figure out how to make an iPhone battery last on 4G), so you won't be getting it on the iPhone 5. That iOS walledgarden is really nice I hear... I refuse to take part in it. Do you people like being told what you want by Apple?

This is a moot point since roughly one third of all iOS Users think they already have "4g" thus showing that the vast majority of people have literally no idea what 4g is.

And on top of that, there isn't one network being deployed that is actually 4g, their marketing departments just really like that buzz word.
                  I am at a point where the iPhone simply offers exactly what I want and use. Coincidence. Some of the features my daughters droid has is nice, but not worth it.

I think another thing apple has in it's favor is people, like me, don't want to learn a whole new program when they've already let their mind concede to iTunes. Don't say it's the same cause no it isn't.

I do agree that people are stupid sometimes. I've been told "my iPhone 3GS has an 8 mp camera". Sorry, but no the hell it don't. if two people have the same version phone, they both have the same damn phone. That is good and maybe bad too.

Ramblings aside...
                  I'm just content with iPhone now.

Comment

I am at a point where the iPhone simply offers exactly what I want and use. Coincidence. Some of the features my daughters droid has is nice, but not worth it.

I think another thing apple has in it's favor is people, like me, don't want to learn a whole new program when they've already let their mind concede to iTunes. Don't say it's the same cause no it isn't.

I do agree that people are stupid sometimes. I've been told "my iPhone 3GS has an 8 mp camera". Sorry, but no the hell it don't. if two people have the same version phone, they both have the same damn phone. That is good and maybe bad too.

Ramblings aside...
                    I don't like the iOS because of the walled garden that you're forced to live in. Anybody remember the MMS debacle? Or how about flash video? Tethering anybody? Steve Jobs doesnt think you need it, so you don't get it unless you throw a huge tantrum.

When i buy something, it is mine, and I will do what I please with it. When you send an iPhone or anything else in for repair, they've been putting special tamper-proof screws in their devices, ensuring that if any problems occur, you'll be sending it back to them.

I'm a blackberry fanboi, but their train left the station before they even thought about buying a ticket.

Right now I'm looking for a device with open architecture that broadly accepts third party operating systems.

Too bad every time somebody makes an android phone they lock down the bootloader and require you to "Root" the device to make it do what it was designed to do (Jailbreaking in iOS terms).

All so they can get more money out of you.

I looked into an iPhone when they were first released... But they were too "Jobsian" lacking the features that cell phones had already had for years...

But they carry a certain panache that makes them desirable to the masses, mostly if only to "Keep up with the jones'".

If it weren't for the status associated with the apple brand and the panache, the iPhone would have likely been abandoned years ago.

And the only reason they ever attained the status they have now is because of the price. They are expensive... Owning an iPhone is like driving a Lincoln. Would a regular ford sedan be the same car? Of course it would, but it wouldn't cost near as much or have that fancy apple on the back.
                    ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

Originally posted by BadOrderKing

Ramblings aside...
                      Excellent point. Were not being "told" what we want. We know what we want that's why we buy certain products. Obviously Apple is doing something right because the iPhone has been a huge success.
                      There is something I want to get off my chest. It's about that summer, when you went away to community college. I got an offer to do Playgirl Magazine, and I did it. I did a full spread for Playgirl Magazine. I mean spread man, I pulled my butt apart and stuff. I was totally nude. it was weird, I... I mean you probably didn't hear about it because I went under the name of Mike Honcho. But I just wanted you to know that. If you can hear me, if it got into your brain somehow. That I spread my buttcheeks as Mike Honcho.

Comment

My iPhone 4 refurb was $99 plus a two-year contract from the month-to-month that I was on. I probably would have kept on same unlimited data/minimum minutes/unlimited cell-text plan I'm on for another two years anyway. If you consider that expensive, I don't.

I don't love the phone or hate it. It's a tool. It allows me to do things and get information in places that I would never be able to have WiFi or carry a computer. All the apps I've needed are free (including the most excellent Forum Runner Free). I don't care whether it's open or closed environment, it just works. I don't need to be a phone mechanic. I don't think of a phone as a status symbol. You really think people are that shallow? I don't think anyone has ever said anything to me about the damned thing. Should my feelings be hurt?

While you are looking for your perfect phone, I've been using a decent one since February.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Honcho View Post
                          Were not being "told" what we want.
                          Sure you are.

The market speaks. They want MMS... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

The market speaks. They want Adobe Flash... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

The market speaks. They want Tethering... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

Notice a pattern here. It is only when there is an uproar and Apple starts receiving bad press that Steve Jobs caves and includes the features that his customers want, instead of what he tells them they want.

The iPhone is a fine device. Very "turn-key" and a very polished experience.

that said, there is a certain lack of innovation in anything Jobs does.

Once you get an iPhone, you are stuck with iTunes, and the money you've sunk into it. If you try to switch, you're walking away from the money that you've put into it. RIM and Google have done the same thing now.
                          ][ ][ ][ %

Comment

I don't like the iOS because of the walled garden that you're forced to live in. Anybody remember the MMS debacle? Or how about flash video? Tethering anybody? Steve Jobs doesnt think you need it, so you don't get it unless you throw a huge tantrum.

When i buy something, it is mine, and I will do what I please with it. When you send an iPhone or anything else in for repair, they've been putting special tamper-proof screws in their devices, ensuring that if any problems occur, you'll be sending it back to them.

I'm a blackberry fanboi, but their train left the station before they even thought about buying a ticket.

Right now I'm looking for a device with open architecture that broadly accepts third party operating systems.

Too bad every time somebody makes an android phone they lock down the bootloader and require you to "Root" the device to make it do what it was designed to do (Jailbreaking in iOS terms).

All so they can get more money out of you.

I looked into an iPhone when they were first released... But they were too "Jobsian" lacking the features that cell phones had already had for years...

But they carry a certain panache that makes them desirable to the masses, mostly if only to "Keep up with the jones'".

If it weren't for the status associated with the apple brand and the panache, the iPhone would have likely been abandoned years ago.

And the only reason they ever attained the status they have now is because of the price. They are expensive... Owning an iPhone is like driving a Lincoln. Would a regular ford sedan be the same car? Of course it would, but it wouldn't cost near as much or have that fancy apple on the back.
                            The iPhone is no more expensive the the latest Android phone. I'm not your typical consumer. I have a good firm handle on what I want from a device and the iPhone has met all my expectations. Sure I've jailbroke the phone but after playing around I didn't find it very useful. As the App market and the functionality of the iPhone has expanded it's pretty pointless to jailbreak and at times can make the phone quite buggy if not immediate but overtime it will become buggy. That's not because of restrictions by Apple but mainly just from programming by jailbreak creators. So after quite a bit of experience with different models of the iPhone I don't see any point in even worrying about jailbreaking.

The iPhone created the Smartphone race and has pushed the industry to become more competitive. This is a good thing.

Comment

Sure you are.

The market speaks. They want MMS... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

The market speaks. They want Adobe Flash... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

The market speaks. They want Tethering... Steve Jobs says no you don't. And he doesn't include it.

Notice a pattern here. It is only when there is an uproar and Apple starts receiving bad press that Steve Jobs caves and includes the features that his customers want, instead of what he tells them they want.

The iPhone is a fine device. Very "turn-key" and a very polished experience.

that said, there is a certain lack of innovation in anything Jobs does.

Once you get an iPhone, you are stuck with iTunes, and the money you've sunk into it. If you try to switch, you're walking away from the money that you've put into it. RIM and Google have done the same thing now.
                              I disagree. Feedback is what has changed or improved the iPhone. It's like any other product. The consumer dictates. Obviously Apple has listened and Steve Jobs has made Apple successful. Not by gimmicks but by an actual product that is known for it's beautiful design but also functionality and reliability and the best support in the world. As for being stuck, I don't feel this way. Everyday a new and innovative app is being released for the iPhone. The App store is pure genius and it's getting harder to find an Android App that doesn't have an iPhone version. Or vice versa. The App store doesn't tie the iPhone down or Android. Most developers nowadays make both versions of the app.

So I don't fee restricted or left out.

Comment

Working...
                              X